Weirdness Topic

bandit

Reaction score
I'm assuming you guys have seen this one? It's a catchy little gem.

bandit

Reaction score
Here's one a friend of mine gave me many years ago when I worked at the comic shop. Back then, Rayearth had just come out here in fansub format and we had been watching it here and there. Well, he knew I was fluent in spanish as well as english and he felt inclined to share this with me. First, let me show you what the proper japanese intro looks and sounds like.

Alright, the Mexican company that dubbed the spanish introduction felt that they should keep the song as close to the original as they could....well....sorta?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually happen to be part French so please don't be mean about them Drtooth.
As the Italian Lady Oscar opening proved... any one of any nationality dancing like a goofball around cartoon footage will look unintentionally hilarious.

However, I'd be lying completely if I didn't say some of the French versions of cartoon theme songs aren't insanely catchy. I've had that Pac-Man theme stuck in my head for well over a month since I first saw it. Of course, it helps that it's also the American theme with lyrics and the in game music of Pac-Land...

That's the French Lupin III theme. Obviously, Maurice LeBlanc's estate refused to let them use the name "Lupin," but I'll be darned if that version of the theme song actually suits Lupin better than the original Japanese one. And that's one of my favorite tunes.

Now, for a French theme that's outright superior...

DUDE! They got lyrics? Bizarre but true, Saban and Levy (the underscorers of a good 80% of 1980's cartoons) actually wrote a LOT of French versions of theme songs, including rewrites of their own music for DIC, which they released on their own soundtracks.

They sing it better than the US version ever did.

My MP3 player is loaded with French versions of theme songs.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If you want weird creepy and scary, here's THIS:
Oh yeah I've seen that. "Documentaries" like that have basically replaced the old circus freak shows. On the one hand, some of these people are prevented from making a living because of their condition and therefore benefit from the attention shows like this bring. At the same time it's pretty sick that this is their only option.

Mandy The Bunny

Reaction score

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
It really does sound like a bird. If you hadn't said it was you, I would really have thought it was some kind of bird.

Mandy The Bunny

Reaction score
Well it was me 100%. I can make that sound again and show ya proof via Rounds
webcam on Facebook ^_^