"Welcome To Pooh Corner" & "Dumbo's Flying Circus"

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah. But then we'd get "I want to take drugs so I can see my fav cartoon characters" jokes.
Well, it's better than the 'if we say nothing it's not real' feeling tv has today. The 'this is your brain on drags' thingies still stay in my mind...

Anyway, I do wish there were more real fans on youtube posting unedited episodes or pure fan made music videos...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
There are good people out there. You just gotta find 'em. I mean...you (OrangeFlaffy/Baloobius), me (TherealRNO), Colby (same as MC), Snowth (GroverKent), Oscarfan (MarshalGrover), and probably a slew of others are there on YT. So, all we need to do is find other kindred spirits.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I read a blog or review somewhere about how SS Workshop was so brilliant for coming up with the Old School collections (and they are, I L:flirt:VE them, they're absolutely fantastic!), and that more 70's and 80's shows should do the same.

On the YT note, I recently joined and have two videos if you wanna' check em' out!

Zac's Crazy Movie
Shake It!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the JHC had nothing to do with the show. The puppets/animatronics were done by Ken Forsse who also invented Teddy Ruxpin.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the JHC had nothing to do with the show. The puppets/animatronics were done by Ken Forsse who also invented Teddy Ruxpin.
That makes sense :smile:. But I think Pooh was a lot less scary than Teddy in doll form :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But Pooh was a teddy bear and book/cartoon star first, whereas Teddy was just a robotic storytelling bear-esque creature before the show aired.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Loved these two shows. I would watch them every morning before going off to school. Loved being off during summer time and getting to watch it every morning without going off to school.

I would love to see both of these shows to come to DVDs. I know i would buy them up.

COME ON DISNEY! RELASE ALL YOUR CLASSIC SHOWS ON DVDS!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh, that's what I read on Wikipedia:

The cast members are human-sized anthropomorphic animals played by people in puppet suits using technology developed by The Jim Henson Company for Fraggle Rock; this production technique was also used for the Disney Channel live-action/puppet television series Welcome to Pooh Corner. Each character would perform a particular talent, which ranged from dancing and singing to telling knock knock jokes.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, Henson may have assisted in the puppetry in some way, but the style itself was distinctly made by the dude who made Teddy, as seen via the pilot.