Welcome to the Author's Corner

Beauregard

Reaction score
I personally love writing stories, novels, childrens stories and that sort of thing. Somtimes I find it hard to write and would love to have somwhere safe and friendly to discus Writting. Any oen want to join me?

-----------------------------------------

Welcome to the Author's Corner today we discuse Blueprinting and writing detailed outlines. I Personaly have big problems when it comes to outlineing and blueprinting books, (Yes it takes more than typing like THIS!!! ).

Do you like outlining does anyone have any tips?

:zany: Beauregard :zany:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
YAAAAY!!! Another writer!!!! :big_grin:
I LOVE writing!!!! I hope to someday have novels published!!! But, I would also like to be a playwright, a screenwriter, and a songwriter!!! (Yeah, I'm confused.)
....I'm just starting to get into the whole outline idea. I generall just write whatever comes to me and clean it all up once I'm done w/the story...But, since I just write for fun, I guess it's different!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D

....I'm just starting to get into the whole outline idea. I generall just write whatever comes to me and clean it all up once I'm done w/the story...
I think that's one problem with our script, Beau. Whenever I write on my own, I never use an outline. Just write whatever comes to my head along a basic storyline (never written out. By the time I'm done, I've forgotten the original storyline.). So, this makes it more loose, less controled, and just alot of fun. Obviously, because there's so many of us, this would have been impossible. We needed the outline.

But, other than that (I think maybe our script's too controled), it's coming along great!

*sigh*

I have no tips for you. Just that I hate outlines.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
me too

Sarah

for once we agree superscoot!! hahahahaa

Luke

Reaction score
I've put together (structure and content wise) plenty of TV shows and sometimes written for them, and nowdays i write tons of treatments that get pitched - sometimes stuff that needs a pilot screenplay or something. Generally i write rough ideas, then a structured outline, and then a treatment or sample script. I would never start off with an outline - not a good idea because having to think about structuring that early on limits your creativity. Miles better to just blurt it all out - then selectively pick out and structure in the best stuff to form your outline.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I've put together (structure and content wise) plenty of TV shows and sometimes written for them, and nowdays i write tons of treatments that get pitched - sometimes stuff that needs a pilot screenplay or something. Generally i write rough ideas, then a structured outline, and then a treatment or sample script. I would never start off with an outline - not a good idea because having to think about structuring that early on limits your creativity. Miles better to just blurt it all out - then selectively pick out and structure in the best stuff to form your outline.
Yeah. Something like that.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
hehe....superscoot...i say that all the time...

Sarah

is this like a poetry corner...with coffee and stuff???

i hate coffee but is there cookies?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I'm also a writer---heck, that's what I got muh college degree in.

I've been workin' on a novel for a few years off and on (but it won't be appropriate for publication), and I discovered in a college advanced creative writin' class I like to write some poetry, and I LOVE fantasy/children's writin'.

:smile:

And I rully dig fan fic, too.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey I am writing a novel at the moment, (several actually) and I started out my thing knowing only one or two characters, and a tiny bit of what was going to happen. I didn’t know who the badie was, why he was bad, what he was going to do, when he was going to do it or anything but as I wrote I began to see the end and though I still don’t know why the badie is bad yet, (and he really is bad.)

I am trying to write several thriller/mystery stories too and those you really have to have a basic outline for don’t you? I think that you do. Agatha Christie used to have her stories outlined to a T but I don’t know that it is best to outline the Jots and Tittles!!!

I wonder when I read sometimes if the authors really got to know the characters. Do you guys begin to see your characters histories, parents etc as you write? Do you begin to believe your stories?

But really I am beginning to get of today’s topic so I’ll shut up now.