1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Wembley Fraggle Sculpt!

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Wachusk, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Wachusk

Wachusk New Member

Hey everyone, just wanted to share my FIRST attempt at Polymer sculpting EVER. I want to make my own palisades Muppet figure, but with a bit more realistic elements. I have always wanted to do Fraggles, so i thought I would test my skills on Wembly's Head....What do you think folks? I decided to use thread for hair...thoughts?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Finished head beside my other PALISADES muppet figures (Purchased)
    Check out more pics and Step by Step process on my site:
    http://lancecardinal.blogspot.ca/2012/03/wembley-fraggle-polymer-head-sculpt.html
    Also, let me know your thoughts on this sculpt:) I think Im gonna do the entire crew and fraggle rock...
  2. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

I love it :excited:! It really looks like Wembley's head. (I personally would really like to see how the others turn out.)
  3. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

He looks great! Very on model, and the thread hair looks perfect. You even have different colored strands in there. My only crit would be that the puppet's "skin" is greenish yellow rather than primary yellow.

I'd love to see a complete Wembley, and more Fraggles from you.
  4. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

That fits right in. :)
  5. awwwwwwwwww cool!!!
  6. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

It is GREAT! My only problem is that he seems a little out of scale, as he was even smaller than Kermit in Muppet Family Christmas.:coy:
  7. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Well the making of Wembley's head is good but there is one thing Missing.
    It is the rest of Wembley's body!
  8. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Beautiful! Perfect. The hair is extraordinarily accurate. I'd buy him!

Most Muppet heads seem to be about the same size so I think his height will be about right once the body is created. :coy:

But seriously, if you did a series of these a lot of people here would want them!! :fanatic:
    meepmuppaphones and PanthraDion like this.
  10. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I've wanted to do the something but fraggle hair seemed too hard to replicate in a figure. Seems you found the perfect way around that! It looks amazingly accurate to the real thing.
  11. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Super!!!
  12. mo

mo Well-Known Member

that's really well crafted...it'slike wembly is staring into my soul...i would totally buy it
    PanthraDion likes this.
  13. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Very awesome...where can we buy these?
  14. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Fantastic job!
    Someone mentioned the color being slightly off and I did notice that as well as the texture of the skin but I think that can't be helped given the materials you are working with. REALLY, those are minor nitpicks because the fact is THAT looks better than anything on the market right now. Awesome work, man! Keep it up!
  15. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

have you made progress on this yet?
  16. Ernie&Bert

Ernie&Bert New Member

Great Job xD:coy:
    mo likes this.
  17. Tom Fraggle

Tom Fraggle Active Member

Wow! It looks so like Wembley. Good job! :coy:
  18. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Well, I watched the Fragle Rock TV series and his skin is green-yellowish, but you did an amazing job. I love Wembley! :coy:
  19. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Awesome job with Wembley!
    You're so profesional.