Wembley is goin' to Canada!

Wembley

Reaction score
That's right folks! I'm heading to Ottawa next month for SlimeCon 2004, a convention all about You Can't Do that on Television, the other great TV show in the '80s.

My question is: What else is there to do in Ottawa. Any suggestions on places to see, places to eat etc?

All you Canadian folk, let me know!

-Rick "Wembley" Miller
..."You can NOT leave the magic!"

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds fun Rick. Wow, there is a convention for "You Can't Do That On Television".

Who all of the original cast will be there? Any chance of the series seeing a DVD release in the future.

Wembley

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Sounds fun Rick. Wow, there is a convention for "You Can't Do That On Television".

Who all of the original cast will be there? Any chance of the series seeing a DVD release in the future.
I don't know who of the original cast will be there, except according to the guest page, Les Lye, the person who played all the adult male roles (the senator, Barth, the bus driver, etc) is slated to appear.

Apparently this is last one, since the convention is being held at CJOH studios in Ottawa that will be renovated after the convention is over. I don't know, but something tells me that they might do it again in a different location...

Actually, I'm surprised that more people don't know about or have websites about YCDTOTV, since it was on Nickelodeon, a "free" cable channel, as opposed to Fraggle Rock, on HBO, but there are a lot more people who remember FR than people who know YCDTOTV. Kinda weird....

As far as DVD releases go, I wouldn't hold your breath. According to the YCDTOTV website, if they were to re-release or even air the show again, they would have to pay pretty much everyone involved in the show's production and they're not ready to shell out that kind of money again. I'll ask at the 'con and let everyone know what I find out.

Oh, and the webside address is http://www.slimecon2004.com

-Rick "Wembley" Miller
..."You can NOT leave the magic!"
..."I don't know..."

McFraggle

Reaction score
I think it is probably because Fraggle Rock got more exposure in re-reruns on the Disney Channel in the '90s. But I did like the show and a lot of the old '80s Nick shows.