Went to Disney World from last Sun-Thurs.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Now I hate to disappoint you all, but I didn't get a chance to go to Muppet Vision 3D.
patiently waiting for all the boos groans & yells of "WHAT KIND OF MUPPET FAN ARE YOU?!" to subside
hanging head like Animal Sah-ree
My sister in law & 4 year old niece went to it. This was my little niece's first time seeing it & she LOVED it! I've seen MV3D PLENTY of times! Can you please stop being mad (if you are?)
My older brother, sis in law,her mother & my 2 nieces (ages 11 & 4) just came off a Disney cruise last Sunday.My brother has a Disney time share & so does my mother's boyfriend. Sunday night we ate at a place called Chef Mickey's. It's a buffet style place that had a LOT of the Disney characters walking around posing for pics & signing autographs. So I was in a few pics w/the characters. (Too bad they didn't have any of the Muppets walking around.) A couple of the characters gave me kisses!(Everybody: Awwwww!!!! ) We (my mother,my older brother & I ) had arranged for my 11 year old niece to stay overnight at my mother's bf's place because we were going to go on a couple of rollercoasters at the Magic Kingdom the next day(one of the rollercoasters was going to be WAY too much for my 4 year old niece) The problem was that whenever my 11 year old niece was around, my 4 year old niece wanted her all to herself. So my brother & sister in law had to tell my 4 yr. old niece that my 11 year old niece was going to an " overnight meeting" 11 year old niece came with us that night & the next day we headed to The Magic Kingdom. But guess what?One of the rides (Splash Mountain...it's a log flume) was being worked on & it started raining when we were on the line for Big Thunder Mountain.So we had to get off. I love my 11 year old niece to pieces!(I love them both) But she was being kind of a drama queen.She said"Mother Nature must hate me! I couldn't go on one of the rides on the cruise & NOW it's raining HERE!" I reassured her that we WOULD get on the rides. And we DID! That afternoon it cleared up. We got front row seats on one of the logs in Splash Mtn. Now when you get a front row seat you're BOUND to get soaked. Guess who got sopping wet? ME!! My 11 year old niece only got a little bit wet.Yeeshscrunched up Kermit face. Then we went on Big Thunder Mtn. rollercoaster. My braveheart niece wanted the front seat (again) Now..I had forgotten how rough this ride was. It twists & turns & does everything but go backwards & upside down! By the time it was over,my head was killing me! I thought I heard my niece say "Let's go on again!" But (thank goodness) she didn't!
My brother & his family mostly went to the parks. My mom ,her bf & I saw everything.But we went to meals with them. There was a Winnie The Pooh breakfast. The girls took pics w/Pooh & his friends. In hindsight I wish I had posed w/ Piglet because he was my friend Colleen's (my friend that passed away in April) favorite.I would have posted it on FB in memory of her. There was also a dinner w/the Disney princesses. My 4 year old niece LOVES the princesses so she was a happy camper. (Oh yeah ...speaking of the 4 year old niece...I was given the cold shoulder the next day by her because I took away her sister. SO SUE ME!She sees my 11 year old niece more than I do!They live in the same stinkin state & my 11 year old niece visits her dad on alternate weekends normally!:rolleyes: )
All in all it was really fun!If I could work there, I would!It really looks like fun!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------------
I knew someone in college who did work as a Disney walk-around character one summer...she had some WILD stories about what really went on in the sublevels away from family-friendliness! No idea if it's still that way, but it sounded like one heckuva party.

I haven't been to DW in ages... I was always first in line for the Haunted Mansion, then Space Mountain -- although in retrospect Thunder Mtn is a better coaster -- then Pirates of the Caribbean (yes kiddies, WAY before the movie). Best time I went was at age 18 for Grad Night, when high school seniors about to graduate all swarm the park ALL night long. Even though we had to wear ties and dresses it was a blast. However, I imagine going on the rides with little kids would be fun too. Glad you had fun with your nieces, Kathy!
---------------------------

Katzi428

Reaction score
-------------------------
I knew someone in college who did work as a Disney walk-around character one summer...she had some WILD stories about what really went on in the sublevels away from family-friendliness! No idea if it's still that way, but it sounded like one heckuva party.

I haven't been to DW in ages... I was always first in line for the Haunted Mansion, then Space Mountain -- although in retrospect Thunder Mtn is a better coaster -- then Pirates of the Caribbean (yes kiddies, WAY before the movie). Best time I went was at age 18 for Grad Night, when high school seniors about to graduate all swarm the park ALL night long. Even though we had to wear ties and dresses it was a blast. However, I imagine going on the rides with little kids would be fun too. Glad you had fun with your nieces, Kathy!
---------------------------
My 4 yr. old niece went on Splash Mtn. I thought I'd hear her having a hissy fit because she got wet. But she didn't get wet! ( I love her...HONEST! But she gets uptight over the littlest things!:rolleyes:)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My 4 yr. old niece went on Splash Mtn. I thought I'd hear her having a hissy fit because she got wet. But she didn't get wet! ( I love her...HONEST! But she gets uptight over the littlest things!:rolleyes:)
Isn't that was nieces are all about? :stick_out_tongue:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Isn't that was nieces are all about? :stick_out_tongue:
Hmmm...I take it you have a couple of nieces Jadar?:wink:
But to the best of my knowledge I don't remember my (now) 11 year old niece being that way when she was 4.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmmm...I take it you have a couple of nieces Jadar?:wink:
But to the best of my knowledge I don't remember my (now) 11 year old niece being that way when she was 4.
No, just one, but she's the mother of all nieces, lol.

And she too is 11, but at the ripe young age of 11, she's already quite high-maintenance, lol... I believe my sister is one of those "enabler" mothers, lol.

Katzi428

Reaction score
No, just one, but she's the mother of all nieces, lol.

And she too is 11, but at the ripe young age of 11, she's already quite high-maintenance, lol... I believe my sister is one of those "enabler" mothers, lol.
Oh gosh! Not sure what to say.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I forgot a couple of things.
At the Chef Mickey dinner,I asked Mickey & Donald if they were planning on marrying Minnie & Daisy soon. Donald looked at me like "No comment!" & Mickey looked at me as if he were afraid of the word "Commitment!"!LOL! I have a pocketbook with Minnie Mouse on it & when I showed Minnie,she looked like "Ooh!It's ME!Pretty!"

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------------
Ah, those swingin' Disney bachelors... *visions of Key Parties at Cinderella's Castle now dancing through my somewhat twisted brain*

------------------------

Katzi428

Reaction score
--------------------------
Ah, those swingin' Disney bachelors... *visions of Key Parties at Cinderella's Castle now dancing through my somewhat twisted brain*

------------------------
Ohhh just a tad twisted my friend!:wink: I should have told Minnie to tell Mickey "We've been together for a LONG time, Mickey! Now are you going to pop the question to me or not?" (BTW...I can do a perfect Minnie Mouse voice!)