1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Were 3 hours cut from Labyrinth?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Squigiman, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

Hey everyone,
    I forget where I read this, but it was about the making of the new film, Mirrormask. They were talking about all of the Labyrinth-based inspiration, and how it came about because they were approached to do a sequel (which could definitely rock if they got the important people back, besides Jim, of course). It mentioned that there was a 3 hour cut of the film, though certain characters were voiced by puppeteers rather than actors. I, myself would totally want to see any of this cut footage, even in a rough form, and am sad that it wasn't included on either recent DVD release of the film. Maybe we can petition to make another version, including such stuff??? I know it's a pain with a ll the constant re-releasing extra special edition DVDs, but I'd totally buy this, even while owning the first DVD. What do you guys think, is it a feasible idea??? Thanks a lot. Take care.

-Squigiman
  2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

3. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

Release Me

Has there been any more developement on this??? If anyone has heard of it, there is a HUGE Labyrinth fanbase at www.marysia.com/labyrinth and WE WANT THIS RELEASED!!!!

And this should especially be of interest to the Henson Co: This past weekend in Virginia 1500 people gathered at a showing of the Labyrinth in a theater (dont know where, since I live in Missouri). But it turned out that they did a Rocky Horror Picture Show twist, as during key lines the audience would shout out different things....man I wish I had been there!!!
  4. leliebel

leliebel New Member

bleeeblibbleepbliblee

That's worth buying a dvd-player for

*announces once again that the labyrinth changed her life*

*skips of happily into the sunset...

well, into the rain, but that's besides the point*