Were any of these songs/skits ever shown on TV?

sesameguy

Reaction score
Hi - Yes "Do you like me" and "But I like you" are two seperate songs, although obviously they are easy to get mixed up. Both songs take place in Ernie & Bert's room at night as Bert is trying to get to sleep. However, "But I like you" ends with E&B out of bed singing side by side. "Do you like me" ends with E&B still in bed, and Ernie saying, "Bert? I like you too, Bert."

SesameMike

Reaction score
magusdude said:
Has Anybody Seen My Dog (Grover and Marty)
I actually heard this one a lot on my Sesame Street II vinyl record before seeing it on the show only once or twice. It had Farley (or whoever the boy muppet was) and Grover behind the wall, singing. A crude, small puppet of the mistaken animal (pig, lamb, cat, etc..) approached from one side whenever Grover thought the dog had surfaced.

magusdude said:
Somebody Come and Play (The Kids)
I saw this sung by Big Bird once, probably when he was lonely.

The only other skit on the SSII album that I'm sure I never saw on the show was "Play Along" with Oscar, E+B, and the adults. But I have no memory of: Someday Little Children, The Garden (Susan), Grouch Like Me (Oscar), What Do I Do When I'm Alone, Around Over Under Through (Grover), and Picture a World (2 adults, male and female, not sure who)

ssetta

Reaction score
I have seen those 2 Grover songs from Sesame Street 2 on the show.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Both of you are right. The original one featured orangutans, and a remade version featured the tigers. Both used the same soundtrack.
I think you mean snow leopards, not tigers.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
"Has Anybody Seen My Dog" was shown on TV, it featured Marty and Grover.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
I think you mean snow leopards, not tigers.
Thanks. I wanted to say "snow leopards", but the word "tigers" was thrown about so much that I got confused.

BTW, if you check out Muppet_DK's "Complete Henson Database" site, you can find a few pics from "Has Anybody Seen My Dog"? (There's pics of Marty, a fish, and a monkey.)

ssetta

Reaction score
I JUST FOUND OUT that "Has Anybody Seen My Dog" was actually re-done in Season 17 in an episode where Telly lost his dog named Cool, and he did sing that song, but apparently, they used the original music recording, which they wouldn't do nowadays. And also, the original with Marty and Grover has NOT been on the show since Season 8!