Whackjack

Raging Roy

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
just cant seem to get into that one
No sweat RavageFrackle, Whackjack ISN'T for everyone!

I've been a high school art teacher for almost fifteen years. I enjoy creating in almost every form BUT most of the things I create have a certain 'child-safty seal' on them because of my job.

Whackjack was created out of frustration of that mold. It was ment to be gritty. It was ment to be dirty. It was ment to be for people, like me, who wanted to see something new and different. But mainly... it WASN'T made for my students (if that makes any sense).

I'm somewhat taken back by the success Whackjack has already generated. If I had forseen that success... I'd have tried harder in production. There are technical things that bug me along with story points that don't get hit the way I'd like them to get hit. Overall, I really like what "Whackjack" is and how it turned out but I certainly see plenty of raw areas that could be better.

I WILL be making a redubbed 'child friendly' version in the future... just because that's the kinda guy I am. Also, the puppet seen in episode four ISN'T Elmo... he's Helmo.

And Folks, if you're opposed to puppet violence... Whackjack isn't for you but if you'd like to see a gritty cop drama with puppets and ninja bunnies... then check it out!!

Sincerely,
Craig A. Knitt!

Raging Roy

Reaction score
Oh yeah, there's bullets and blood at times as well, and he swears a bit. That's pretty much all the warnings anyone should need.

But there are some funny parts!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
it might be somthing that has to grow on me a bit, ill give it another chance, but your right , it isnt for everyone, (just to clarify its not that i found it offensive or anything ,my sense of humor could be described as Dark , at best )
but i wish u continued success with it

Raging Roy

Reaction score
ravagefrackle... I checked out some of your accomplishments... wow! Quite an impressive collection of stuff!!

Don't worry if Whackjack never grows on you... in all fairness Crank Yankers has yet to grow on me. To each his own eh?

Regardless, your puppets are pretty darn impressive!!

I'm a filmmaker, not really a puppeteer. I never expected there to be so many puppet people out there! It's pretty cool! Makes me wish I'd have tried a little harder.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
When will the next Whackjack be out? Is there more planned?

Raging Roy

Reaction score
I've got more planned, Buck-Beaver... I just need the snow to melt and my energy to return!!

Whackjack finally meets the Cowboy after a nasty tussle with a giant Bunjie!

Thanks for digging what I did... it makes me really want to get the energy back!!

mrhogg

Reaction score
Nice show, Roy. I like! I like the hilariously overboiled tough-guy dialogue. And how can you not love a grizzled ex-CIA puppet? I'm curious to know about the design of the puppet, though; is that supposed to be a mask on his face, or is that just the construction of his face? I don't mean that as a critique -- it has a nice quality to it -- but I'd be interested to know your intent. I know the son has the same face, so is that just how puppets look in Whackjack's world?