Whackjack

Raging Roy

Reaction score
Hey Mr. Hogg, thanks for checking out the show!

Whackjack's face is built two-tone on purpose. It is my tribute to Homer Simpson and even moreso Fred Flintstone. Those old cartoon guys had the half-beards going on all the time. It seemed right with a seedy old cop puppet as well. And it is probably something that would pass down from father to son.

Actually I made the Curtis puppet first and he just seemed too young for the feel I was trying to achieve. Then I made Whackjack and didn't really like him all that much. I showed him to my buddy Tony and he tried the puppet out for a few minutes. Tony's voice instantly became Whackjack and as he started with the deep growling speech... I immediately feel in love with the character!

It's cool that some of you folks are checking out Whackjack! Man, I might even need to wrap up the first story arc! A LOT happens in episode five!!

mrhogg

Reaction score
I hadn't thought about it, but I can see the two-tone look you're going for. Five-o'clock shadow is definitely the way to go with a grizzled ex-cop character.

I agree with the voice; it's a good gravelly sound, and contrasted with the puppet makes him both hard-boiled and hilarious.