What are they called in other countries?

Drtooth

Reaction score
As we all know, Sesame Street has been made several different times all over the world. But My question is, what do they call the other characters (aside from their new main characters)? I have a list in the book version of Sesame Unpaved. But it only lists Ernie, Bert, Grover, Cookie, and Kermit. I know a bunch of mexican translations, seeing numerous episodes of Plaza Sesamo. Ernie is Enrique, Bert is Beto (Berto?), Cookie is Lucas, Kermit is La Rana Rene (?) Grover is Archibaldo (or, as we'd call him here, Archie), Prairie is Auraura, Herry has a name that sounds something like...eh...Gringaldo (?) and a bunch of others have the same name, with an accent (Big Bird becomes Beeg Bird). But what about other countries, other characters. If anyone knows, please tell me.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I know some of these for Germany's Sesamstrasse:

The Count = Graf Zahl ("Count of Counting")
Cookie Monster = Krummel Monster ("Crumb Monster")
Grover = Grobi
Big Bird = Bibo

Most of the others have the same names, but there's a lot of crossover between German and American names anyway, so there would actually be someone named Oscar, Bert, Ernie, Kermit, etc....

For TONS more, check out Warrick's site--it'll boggle your mind. Or possible scrabble it. Or Yahtzee.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Toothy,

In The Netherlands they Call Big Bird, Neef Jan.

Translated to Cousin Jon, i think !

LOL !

anywayz, Check my site Sesame World

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Quinn,

Thanks for the pluggin's !

Wait a minute, Do i have to pay you or somewthing... ?

See ya

Gonzo

Reaction score
There's no paying anyone around here, Warrick....now BARTERING, that's another story COMPLETELY.

Heh-heh.

Quinnnnnnnn

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thanks you guys. I know I can count on dudes like you...count! get it...hehehh heh uhh. Anyway Warrwic, I have been to that site. Very good...No... great site!! Never have I indulged in knowledge like that before. Kudos! You deserve Kudos. To bad I don't see those granola bars around anymore.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Toothy,

Hey,
Thanks, But i dont actually have a list of the English Muppets names in Different countries.

But there are people here who know !

See ya

Joggy

Reaction score
These are the different Dutch names:

Big Bird - Neef Jan ('cousin John' - our bird Pino's cousin. He never appears in SS episodes though)
Cookie Monster - Koekie Monster
Count Von Count - Graaf Tel
Oscar the Grouch - Oscar de Nurks
Kermit the Frog - Kermit de Kikker
Prairie Dawn - Miesje Mooi
Telly Monster - Teevee Monster
Herry Monster - Harry Monster