What are your Muppet childhood memories?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
When I was 3 I was watching "The Muppet Show" and they had the song 'Ulgy' on when Big Mamma popped up and my mom taped this whenever she would pop up I would be sooo afraid!!! Then the aligator came... Oh no!Also whenever Big Mamma popped up I popped up with her!!
Also when I saw went to Disney World I saw 'Muppets Go to Disney World' before I got there so I was looking for the muppets and when Sweetums came on MuppetVision 3-D I wanted so much to touch him so I tried but of course security.
What are your childhood memories???

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I've got tons of them, but here's one for starters--I remember thinking that the "Lime and the Coconut" song on TMS was the coolest thing ever ever ever! I also remember staying in a hotel with my family, and the hotel showing us the pay-per-view Muppet Movie for free because it had been raining so much and the kids were all bored. That was really nice of them!

Whatever

Reaction score
When I was about 4, My mom gave my sister and me a bath together. When we got out, before she could dress us, we ran naked into the living room and started watching Sesame Street. Mom took a picture of that.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
I remember

• Watching Sesame street
  • Watching Muppet Babies
  • Watching Follow that Bird
  • Watching Muppet Family Christmas
  • Watching Bunny Picnic
  • Reading some book about Red Fraggle in the doctor's office
  • Owning Sesame Street colorforms
  • Owning a talking Big Bird plush (still do, but now it's bwoke)
  • Seeing Miss Piggy everywhere

Also, I thought I had never seen an episode of The Muppet Show until recently, but back when all I watched Muppet Babies, Animal was my fave character. I knew as a grown-up he played drums in a band, but that was all I knew about the band. For a while, I did have in my mind a very vague image of the band- on a black bandstand with Animal at the top/back. Then I saw the episode with Dom DeLouise (sp?) and the song "Don't Blame the Dynamite" had the Electric Mayhem placed just like my mental image did.

So I'm inclined to believe that I did see an episode of TMS when I was younger, because of that.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Too many memories to list! Muppets were my childhood! Nearly so, anyway.

Watching Sesame Street and Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock and Muppet Babies religously, looking forward to watching the old Muppet Christmas special and Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas every year, watching all the Muppet movies in theaters when they came out...and that's just for starters!

--Klonoa

ceecee

Reaction score
I have so many good memories of Muppets, mostly Sesame Street. Here is one of my earliest:

For some reason (and I really don't know why), I thought all my favorite SS characters were coming to my house for supper. I was so excited. I started moving in extra chairs, setting extra places at the table, making sure my mom was making enough food, etc. My parents played along with me until supper was ready. Then they were starting to eat. I told them that we had to wait for Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, Grover, etc. They told me that they weren't really coming over, that I was just pretending. Well, I didn't think so. I started bawling. I couldn't believe it. But I eventually understood.

Klonoa

Reaction score
It's amazing how real those Sesame Street Muppets seem to us little ones. After visiting Sesame Place when it was in Dallas when I was about 3 or 4 (such a LONG time ago), I got my picture taken with several of the characters. When I got back home, I wrote thank you notes to all the characters I got my picture taken with. In Bert's note, I also enclosed a few paper clips for his collection.

--Klonoa
If only Bert knew about Office Depot...his collection could quadruple!

rexcrk

Reaction score
When I was little, I didn't really know all the Muppets. I, of course, watched Sesame Street (who didn't?!). I also had a Muppet Sing A Long songs tape ("It's Not Easy Bein' Green"), Muppet Classic Theater, and Muppet Christmas Carol tapes. And I watched Muppet Babies a lot. But up until a few years ago I never knew who characters like Crazy Harry (or the dynamite guy, as I knew him as from the Muppet Movie preview on one of my tapes), Lew Zealand, the band besides Animal, and so many others were.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I guess I'm an oldie on this board, but I remember watching the Muppet Show (and getting the humor) before Sesame Street. I was 2 and 3 in 1980, and even then, Kermit was my favorite (duh) little Fisher-Price(?) figure, the kind where you stuck a long white plastic stick in their backs to "perform" them. He went with me everywhere, but his eyesight got worse and worse as I chewed on his eyes everytime I brought him with me to church! I went through two figures before my Mom called it quits on new Kermits! :smile:

ohdarling

Reaction score
my first love was sesame street. i was in love with ernie. i had an ernie doll that i carried everywhere with me and i called 'arnie'. i watched sesame street 3 times a day.

ernie is my hero.

then it was fraggle rock, and that film, the christmas toy, which we still have on an old tape and still gets me misty eyed. it's because of that film i was afraid to ever play with a stuffed animal more than the other and tried my best to give them lots of love. :wink: