What are your non-muppet obsessions?

Pork

Reaction score
order in particular no.

Books
Puzzles
Polly pockets (the old school blue bird ones that arn't made anymore)
Lego
Trasformers
Monsters Inc
Star Wars
Laughing
beading

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, where to begin?

Star Trek & Star Wars
Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs
Newsies
Beatles
Lord of the Rings
Soap Operas
Adventures in Wonderland
Doonesbury
Broadway Musicals
Elton John
Bee Gees
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Peanuts
Retro-TV commericals and psas
Retro Pop music
Classic music
Popular culture antiques (Coca Cola etc)
Researching
Writing
Video editing
Women's rights and Children's rights (believe it or not, they do go together :wink: )

dwmckim

Reaction score
Lots of minor ones but here are the more major ones...

One Life to Live (got hooked in the early 90's when i heard how they were placing a lot of emphasis of socially relevant storylines and bringing in people from outside of soaps to do some innovative things with it - movie producer as exec producer, novelist as head writer. Eventually that regime left and stopped watching in mid 90's but then that head writer came back to the show in 2003 and i started watching again and got hooked again. He was eventually replaced with probably the worst head writer in the show's history but she has been finally been replaced with a guy who's been on the writing staff for 11 years and was a huge fan before that and it's amazing how much he's turned the show around considering the mess he's had to clean up. Given enough time i think he may turn out to be the show's best HW! Too bad the writer's strike will probably mess up this progress though!)

Twin Peaks - definately need to get the recently released complete series gold edition box set when i can get a cheaper used copy.

Ugly Betty - just recent. I tend to not like watching a sequel of a movie if i haven't seen the original first and watch a tv show in the middle, so i only just started watching now that it's on DVD and even though i knew it was something i would really like, i'm even more impressed with it than i thought i would be.

Pie-in-the-face type slapstick humor. This includes everything from Three Stooges, Laugh In (which is great on many different levels), You Can't do That on Television, etc.

Comics: Peanuts, Doonesbury, Foxtrot, Boondocks, Calvin & Hobbes

Music: #1 obsession is Eurythmics and all related solo projects (Annie Lennox solo, Dave Stewart solo, Tourists, Platinum Weird, Vegas, Spiritual Cowboys, etc) - this is the one that i will go crazy collecting trying to get hold of everything i can.

Runner-ups where i don't collect everything but most stuff they put out: Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode, Shakespear's Sister/Siobhan Fahey

and several other fave bands on a lesser scale: Duran Duran, Chris Isaak, Beloved, Travis, Cyndi Lauper, and probably a couple that have temporarily slipped my mind as i'm typing.

But Jim Henson/Muppets are #1 (with maybe E'mics a very close second)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Simpsons (older ones, the newer ones not so much)
Dirty Jobs
Scooby Doo
Mythbusters
The supernatural (like all those documentaries on hauntings and stuff)
Movie making (and editing)
Video games (guitar hero, woooo!)
Disney channel, Discovery channel, Travel channel (my 3 favorite channels)

Lately I have been reading Stephen King Books. This past month I have read Carrie, Misery, and Pet Sematary in that order. I am cureently in the middle of reading The Dead Zone

And Rock/Metal music wise. This christmas all I asked was for some band t-shirts. I got 3, just 3, and I only got 3 cds...But I got my Ozzy shirt so I am happy :stick_out_tongue:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Lately I have been reading Stephen King Books. This past month I have read Carrie, Misery, and Pet Sematary in that order. I am cureently in the middle of reading The Dead Zone
Ooh, The Dead Zone is a goodie! It's one of my top 5 favorite Stephen King novels, which are, in no particular order, The Dead Zone, The Green Mile, The Shining, The Stand and The Dark Half.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
OMIGOSH I forgot theatre too!

Are you familiar with the Commedia dell'Arte? A couple of years ago I was in a UIL one act play/musical (I say this because there was one song, which I sang) based on Commedia where I played Pantalone. I won Best Actor out of 4 or 5 middle schools, which I don't find too shabby...
Cool!

Yes, I am familiar with Commedia dell'Arte, but have yet to participate in one. I'd also like to try Gilbert & Sullivan sometime. Again, never had the opportunity...yet!

unclematt

Reaction score
In no particular order

Lost
Iron Chef
Heroes
Rescue Me
Big Brother
Survivor
Sureal Life (I hope they have a new season coming soon)
Cheers
Three's Company
ALF

Drtooth

Reaction score
There are a lot of other little obsessions, I will add. Personally, I always get really obsessed with something I discover or rediscover. When I started reading Asterix's again, I got really obsessed with that one, By Toutatis. And when I found out about Doraemon, I really jumped into that one.

But there are a lot of others, like Mario, Animainiacs, the Tick, The Disney Afternoon (especially the 1991 Lineup)... stuff like that.

I'm also very obsessive about collecting toys (real ones, not that phoney Kid Robot stuff), especially if I can get a great deal. I got a C3PO talking car gadget for 70 cents last week.

PrawnCocktail

Reaction score
Peanut butter, can't get enought of the stuff!

Especially the one with cashewnuts!
And Thai Singha beer, mmmmmmmm

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
World History
Crude Humor
Health
Forensic Science
History Channel
Animal Planet
Military
Silent Films in general