1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What are your stories?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Cap Backfire, Jan 10, 2004.

1. sofiasaldanha

sofiasaldanha Member

Name: Sofia

Nickname: Fifia

What brought you here: Looking for some place when I can express my love for the Muppets

Favorite Muppet: Miss Piggy

Favorite Song: Something so Right

Favorite Show: The Muppet Show

Anything else?: I really love Broadway and Haute Couture Fashion. The persons who inspire me are Barbra Streisand, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Lea Michele and the fabulous Miss Piggy!

2. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

How I got here: because The Muppets are like, ummmm, they're just like, good!! Okay, that wasn't what I expected to say. They are WONDERFUL, AMAZING, SPECTACULAR, EXTRAIDONIARY. There, that's more like it.

3. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Name: Marni

Nickname: Hillsy

What brought you here: Accidently stumbled onto it while researching Jim Henson and just never left. It's a bit like Hotel California: You can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave!

Favourite Muppet: Kermit :)

Favourite Song: The Interrogation Song

Favourite Show: Torn up between The Muppet Show and M*A*S*H

Favourite Movie: Muppets Most Wanted (The first Muppet movie I've ever seen in the cinemas!)

Anything else?: Yup! Harry Potter, horses, books in general, poetry, writing stories, singing even though I can't, groovin' in the drumkit and hanging out with you guys!

4. WemblinFool18

WemblinFool18 Active Member

Hi everybodeee! My name is Miranda :)

I don't have many friends "in real life" who are big Muppet fans, and so that's why I love this website. :)

Favorite shows: Fraggle Rock, Sleepy Hollow, America's got Talent

Favorite movies: Edward Scissorhands, The Dark Crystal, Forrest Gump, Nightmare before Christmas, Muppet Christmas Carol, & Gravity <3
    Favorite books: To Kill A Mockingbird, Treasure Island and Divergent

Favorite songs: Your Heart will Lead you Home (Kenny Loggins), Mary (Oingo Boingo), and Hospital for Souls (Bring me the Horizon)

Also a fangirl for: Tim Burton, Disney, The Fault in Our Stars, Hunger Games, Divergent, Sleepy Hollow <3 but mostly FRAGGLE ROCK!

I love writing, watching movies, playing piano and flute, being a triple threat (acting, singing and dancing), puppeteering, and doing vocal impressions <3333

I guess I'm an interesting person... idk....

Steve Whitmire and Caroll Spinney are my heroes (as well as Henri Landwirth and Robbie Stokes) <3

5. WemblinFool18

WemblinFool18 Active Member

I kinda went by my own format sorry

6. lmag42

lmag42 Active Member

One time, I was coming back from an amusement park, when we stopped at a convenience store. There was a guy shopping in there with a chicken suit on, but no head part. I wasn't in the store, so the guy didn't hear me crack up. It was a funny thing to see.

7. BeakerJanice

BeakerJanice Active Member

Hi,I'm Ami and I am 12!I find Muppets central Bc a friend told me about it :D

I am the normal girl-blond hairs,blue eyes ;)

Um...And I am Directioner :flirt:

My Favourite muppet is beaker :eek: aww just love his,,Meep" :flirt: My least Favourite is....I haven't got one!!Ok,maybe some monsters like mean mama :grr:

8. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

I'm Conor, Im nicknamed eyeball because well I can spin my eyes and do some crazy stuff with them and the name just stuck, now I use it for almost anything.

what brought me here was just browsing and came across a thread and I started
    reading through it and well that made me wanna sign up, I also don't really know any muppets fans Irl either so this site as also perfect for discussions I previously couldn't have.

I'm a fan of, just chatting with people, making sarcastic comments and attending football (soccer) matches just to soak up the atmosphere, I also like playing games on my ps3 as well so if anyone else is on PSN and wants to add me give me a pm.

Also I forgot to add that my favourite muppet is miss piggy, hope no one fell asleep reading this.....

MikaelaMuppet and Harleena like this.
  9. Harleena

Harleena Well-Known Member

I'm Harleena.
    Age group: No.
    What brought you here: I like the Muppets.
    Anything else: I also like anime, especially Hetalia (DRAW A CIRCLE THAT'S THE EARTH) and Black Butler (SEBAS-CHAN!) and seriously wish I were a Sailor Scout…
    My favorite Muppets are Janice (and the rest of the Mayhem), Kermit, Rowlf, Gonzo, Miss Piggy, Constantine, and Kermit. I am aware that I said Kermit twice, but Kermit is just such a big inspiration to me.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  10. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Name:Matt
    Nickname:Zed Buckmaster (It came from a YouTube series I do)
    What brought you:I really like the Muppets.
    Anything else:I also like Family Guy, Super Smash Bros, Spore, Bob's Burgers, Big Bang Theory, Monty Python, and Mad magazine.
    My favorite Muppets:Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Swedish Chef, Animal, Cookie Monster, Grover, Telly.
    My least favorite Muppets:None, ;).

MikaelaMuppet and Harleena like this.
  11. aebthegofer

aebthegofer Member

Nickname: Aeb (pronounced Abe, but spelled Aeb. It's really my initials.)
    What brought me here: I found this site by accident several years ago, and finally after admiring it from afar, I joined!
    Anything else: Well, I love puppetry, old-time radio, collecting stamps, and every once in a while, I do some painting.
    Favorite Muppet: Scooter and Gonzo. ;) :concern:
    Least Favorite Muppet: Ummm, is there such?

~Aeb

MikaelaMuppet and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  12. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Name: Erin

Nickname(s): Erin T. Aardvark on fanfiction.net; FluidGirl82 on DeviantArt, DreamDancer82 on YouTube, and almost everywhere else (I go between Erin T. Aardvark and DreamDancer82)

What Brought Me Here: I honestly have no idea. I think I was looking up info about Fraggle Rock collectibles, and one thing lead to another.

Anything Else: I'm obsessed with my cat, I'm studying at the University of Maryland University College (UMUC), which is part of the University of Maryland, where Jim Henson studied, and I think Jim Henson was a genius who left us way too soon.

Favorite Muppet: Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Wembley Fraggle, and Red Fraggle, and maybe more that I can't think of off the top of my head

newsmanfan and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Welp, i've been here for almost two years now but...

Nickname(s): Mr. Grover on DeviantArt (check that out by the way. *plug plug), Boomerang FishProductions on Youtube (I don't have any videos yet though), And I go by Pig's Laundry on Muppet Wiki, as well as the ToughPigs forum. Also, when I was little, my nana used to call me "Scooter", i'm not sure if it had to do with my Muppet obsession or not.

What brought me here: Well, long story short, when I was six and first discovered Muppet Wiki and old SST clips on YT, I searched "Muppet fansite" on Google and came across Muppet Central. Not the forum part but the articles, collectibles, radio, etc. It wasn't until two years later that I found the forum when I was looking for info on the upcoming season of Sesame Street (season 38) and I continued reading the posts on the forum until I finally decided to join 8 years later.

Favorite Muppet: Big Bird! Big Bird! Big Bird! I'm absolutely unhealthily obsessed with Big Bird (and to a lesser extent, Oscar). Although, you may have guessed Miss Piggy, based on my name/avatar. Caroll Spinney is my hero, and I really want to meet him someday

Favorite Movie: Definitely Follow That Bird, with The Muppet Movie not too far behind.

Anything Else?: Super into reading, doesn't matter what the book is as long as it's interesting. I enjoy Doctor Who, broadway plays, writing stories, drawing, creating characters, animation in general, puppetry, and voice acting.

14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

"KarWash," given to you by D'Snowth in response to you giving him "JoeScar" previously, and also because "KarWash" with a 'K' looks wicked cool.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  15. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! How could I forget! :)

16. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I think it's time to update!
    Name: Marni

Nickname: Don't have any.

What Brought Me Here: Accidentally stumbled onto it while researching Jim Henson and just never left. It's a bit like Hotel California: You can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave!

Favourite Muppet: Lips

Favourite Song: Thunderstruck

Favourite Show: Still torn up between The Muppet Show and M*A*S*H

Favourite Movie: The Dark Crystal

Anything Else?: I'm studying film and television at university (Thanks Jim!), I've been running my own blog since late last year and I'm currently collecting anything relating to The Muppets, Fraggle Rock and The Jim Henson Company.

17. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Name: Alex

What brought me here: well, I do recall finding this forum when I first discovered YouTube in 2006 from finding many Sesame Street clips online there, and I found the thread about classic clips online. That made me originally join, plus I just love the Muppets. :D

Favorite Muppet: Definitely Cookie Monster as far as main characters go, with Kermit in second. Little Jerry of the Monotones is my favorite supporting character.

Favorite song: in terms of Muppets, NTV/The Letter N by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics

Favorite Show: Classic Sesame Street (60's-90's) and The Muppet Show.

Favorite movie: The Great Muppet Caper.

Anything else?: Just looking for work.

18. Faylo

Faylo Member

Name: Lo

Nickname(s): Faylo

What Brought Me Here: Well I was a member dating way back to 2006. (Oh how times were simpler then... It's good to see some familiar faces still around *cough hey @D'Snowth cough* ... Stevegate 2017 brought me back. Still have always been a Muppet/Henson fan in the time between, just have dabbled in other fandoms and real life got in the way.

Anything Else: Let's see, since the last time I was active here, I have lived in the UK twice, got my Bachelor's, lived and taught in South Korea for two years, and now I'm heading to school again in the fall to pursue a journalism degree. I'm a big kpop fan and have been for a very long while....

Favourite Muppet: every fraggle.

19. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I didn't know you are a drummer.

20. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Name: Conor
    Nickname: N/A
    Age 15
    What brought me here: my love of all things Muppets
    Favourite Muppet:rowlf
    Favourite song : hey a movie