What be, what do?

Beauregard

Reaction score
So what do you guys want to be when you leave school, and/or what do you do now if you have left school. What are your life time goals?

I want to become a published author, a film producer and a Muppeteer.

So what about you guys?

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Right now I am a receptionist for a large real estate management company, but I'm also going to college full time to get my associates degree in graphic design.

Deb :flirt:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I also want to be a published author. That is my main goal. I would especially like to publish children's books. It would also be cool if I could get a song or two out there in the public. I'm thinking about entering the John Lennon Songwriting Contest this year.
Erin

Luke

Reaction score
Well when i was at school i wanted to be a lawyer, journalist or computer programmer .... how naive we are at that age ! At first i tried to be a bra fitter (too over-qualified), martian (no visa !), and of course then there was that tenure as a poledancer but least said about that the better. So i ended up in the sleazy, slimey, dishonest world of TV production where on and off i've worked on a few different shows here and there in a variety of different ways ........ of course i'd drop it all to be a penguin trainer !

Goals ? Hmmmm - i'd like to get some of my own shows on air and get rich on branding and licensing. I'd quite like a little cottage in the UK countryside with a little pool and lake where i could just relax, fish and write my stuff. Either that, or move to the States or Canada and do pretty much the same thing somewhere glitzier, but with a little log cabin or something as a winter retreat. I'll be needing a special girl in my life (especially if the current one runs off or gets committed) and possibly a child if i can find the right candidate for the job. Oh yeah, finishing my ALF site sometime soon will be a major goal accomplished !

Voila !

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, Luke. I don't know if this is the kind of opertunity you are looking for...

I am looking for 1 and 2-hour contemporary drama television scripts. It must be set in the UK and written by a UK writer. As long as it's from a UK writer, we are open to story ideas where the script is not yet complete. This is for both series and MOWs.

The budget range will not exceed 1 mil pounds

WG and Non-WG welcome to submit.

---For more information on gaining access to this lead, please see
http://www.InkTip.com/pnews.php ---

I found it on a newsletter I get every week and thought, maybe it is what Luke is looking for. I shouldn't think it is, but I had to post it for you.

movielad

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
So what do you guys want to be when you leave school, and/or what do you do now if you have left school. What are your life time goals?

I want to become a published author, a film producer and a Muppeteer.
When I was at secondary school here in the UK, a particular movie magazine published the details of JHCS and as it was coming up to work experience time, I wondered if I could be placed with them for a couple of weeks. At the time I was completely nuts about animatronics and the computer systems that drove the mechanical bits and bobs of the creatures. Of course I had absolutely no experience with engineering, but I could program in several computing languages at the time. Anyway, to cut a long story short - JHCS was contacted and an interview was arranged with Neil Scanlan (before he left JHCS to start his own studio, which now produces the characters for The Tweenies and The Fimbles). That fell through - probably because I wasn't experienced enough plus they were extremely busy at the time.

That sort of thing never really put me off, and after completing college and university I spent some time in the Internet industry managing a variety of ISPs, web servers, email servers, and things of that ilk. When I was made redundant just over a couple of years ago, it was suggested by my cousin who was working for one of the London visual effects companies that I ought to try for a job there as they were looking for system administrators. The only problem was that I was getting married and eventually lost out as I was in New Zealand on honeymoon at the time. However, they were very kind to still invite me and have a look around the studio. Thinking that this was definately the way forward I tried my luck at another London studio, but never heard back from them. Eventually I landed a job at a very well established VFX and post-production studio where I've been ever since.

It's a fun job, but the process of rendering through Pixar's Renderman and getting to grips with how Maya and other high-end 3D software is a great challenge having dealt with dial-up, web and email servers all these years (although I still do that sort of thing in this job).

Stil, the VFX industry here in the UK is doing well at the moment and all I can say is that I'm very grateful that computers now play a very big part in this particular industry.

Regards,

Martyn

Luke

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Hey, Luke. I don't know if this is the kind of opertunity you are looking for...
Thanks for thinking of me Beau - i don't usually do drama but it sounds interesting so i'll check it out and maybe have a go. Cheers !

beaker

Reaction score
Well, I feel quite jubiulatory and exhilarated to be really persuing my dreams this past year. This summer has afforded me a lot of time to really get down to business, leaving complacency an artifact from the past. My dream goals includes filmaking, travelling, etc...currently however, I am working very hard on my art(Im a comic book/cartoonist type), ,as well as music and some other nifty stuff. I believe the time is now to get into gear, ,and to stop talking the talk by working hard(if no tby small steps) towards realizing your goals. Again, it all goes back to the Muppet Movie for the basic tenets of why we are here...the meaning of life is not so much found in old scribes or scrolls, but in the verses "someday we'll find it", the rainbow connection, the lovers...the dreamers, and me".

Or as I always say:
"Nothing ventured, nothing gained, so I must seize the day"

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
my goals?

well at the moment, I would like to be a meteorologist with the national storm center in norman, OK. Maybe have a family, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!