What can be done???

Imawitchusay

Reaction score
This ebay user

nygrenjw

Link to seller

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnygrenjwQQhtZ-1

Sells crap and says they are movie Props. He puts a new "Labyrinth" Prop up every week. And if you view his other auctions he is getting hundreds of dollars from poor peaople who dont know better. I feel just awful that these winning bidders are getting ripped off. It looks as though he buys things at the goodwill and places them as PROPS. He claims to have movie props from all filming locations, UK, US, etc. ANd many dif. Studios, Disney, Warner, etc. That would never happen! How do we shut him down!! Ebay admin wont do anything I have emailed them!!! WHAT CAN BE DONE???

zeldazipple

Reaction score
This guy looks like a scam artest. Nothing you can really do about it. I just feel sorry for the people who are thinking they are getting genuine things, when they are not. That's sad to be deceved like that.
This is a big case of buyer bewear. I would not buy that if I wasn't convinced it was the real thing, and this looks fake to me, and those people are a dime a dozon. I'm a member of ebay allthough I go by legrux now, so I don't have the feed back I used to have with my old account. But I know enough about it so know scammers when I see them. Another thing is that be careful with buying from 1c auctaion because those are usueally scams to, and dutch auctions.

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Wow... And, ironically, today I saw that Return To Oz prop that person's selling and was thinking of placing a bid. Nothin' doing, now. That's quite a cruel trick to pull, but, unfortunately, it's a common practice on eBay. :frown:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Has anybody e-mailed the guy/gal to see if there are certificates of authenticity? Or, are there other proof that he can show that it is real?

Considering the fact that a pair of shoes can be used in a movie and become "motion picture costuming," he may have a necklace used by one of the background performers in Labyrinth.

Until someone knows for sure that he/she refuses to provide proof, it may not be very Jim-ish to place accusation.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
The real Ruby Slippers in the Wizard Of Oz are not for sale anyway. Only one pair was made and they are in a museum, and they have real rubies in them, so anyone who claime to be selling them is a fraude.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh, well, in that case...

I failed to notice the Ruby Slippers.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I was just trying to prove a point. :smile: I have heard of fake copies being listed on ebay in the past claimeing they were authenic. But that's some good advice there I might use that info too for looking onto collectables like that.

Luke

Reaction score
He does look suspect. You notice his friend "told him" where the item was from, so IF it was fake stuff i'm sure he could claim it was a genuine mistake. I agree, ask for COA (although anyone can do those) but most importantly exactly which scene the prop is from, and a screengrab if any. As for Ruby Slippers, well it wouldn't be unknown for the studios to have cheap backup replicas made. If you really wanted to alert people you could buy an item off him, prove it was fake, and then say so in his feedback.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It would be easier for him to say, "prop replica."

Imawitchusay

Reaction score

I do so muc hresearch on the fil Return to Oz...it is not even funny. I have talked to many of the cast and crew from the film. I know for a FACT the items he claims are from RETURN TO OZ anyways are fakes.