What celebs have you met?

Ziffel

Reaction score
FshyFshyFshy said:
I've met both former NBC news anchor Tom Brokaw, and current news anchor Brian Williams. My sister was a recipient of the Make A Wish Foundation back in 2003 and her wish was to meet Tom Brokaw....Brian Williams was an unexpected bonus. Both are very kind and considerate gentlemen!
That's really nice. Make A Wish Foundation is such a nice idea for doing something special for people.

I haven't really met any VERY famous celebrities but some lesser known ones and/or borderline celebrities. Mostly sports figures. Probably the biggest name one I met was Charles Barkley. When he was with the Sixers in '88 he came to a restaurant in Philadelphia where we were eating (interestingly, it was the very night after we had seen him play basketball). We approached him, got his autograph, shook his (HUGE) hand, told him that we were at the game the night before. They were 3 games out of the final playoff spot at the time with ten games left in the season. I told Charles, "I'm sure you guys will make the playoffs." He said, "Thanks man." Afterwards I felt pretty stupid. Like he'll really sleep better now that I told him I have confidence in his team! And to make matters worse, they didn't make the playoffs after all!
I also met Sonny Jurgensen (NFL quarterback over 30 years ago) when I was really little. I shook his (also HUGE) hand. And in the late 90's it was pretty cool that I got to meet a former star from the old Negro baseball league. He was in his 80's when I met him. But sorry to say, I forgot his name.

FshyFshyFshy

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
That's really nice. Make A Wish Foundation is such a nice idea for doing something special for people.
It is...we were just blown away at the extent MAW went in order to fulfill my sisters wish...and NBC for bending over backwards as well for her. They all wanted to send us to the NY NBC but that kind of travel would be impossible for my sister so we went to the one down in LA - truely an experience that will never be forgotten!

While this didn't happen to me personally, I have a friend who met Robin Williams in a hotel. He said he was a very kind person and more than willing to give out his autograph. He said that there was absolutely no feeling of being "looked down upon" by Robin - it was very genuine kindness.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
HPDJ said:
I've met-
The presenters of Nickelodeon UK
The lead singer of Outkast
Jo Brand
The Blue Peter presenters
Prince Charles

Who have you met???
The only fameous person I met was Alicen Court from ' The Big Comefy Coutch. '