What could we possibly do to bring back Classic SS

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Iv'e been thinking about the good old long lost show Sesame Street Unpaved, and how awsome it was to have that show on the air. Even years before it debut I used to always wonder why they never showed old episodes of Sesame Street, and if I would ever be able to watch the old shows from when I was a little kid or from before I was born. Well low and behold I got my wish. Although Noggin came out in January 1999, I did not get it until almost 2 years later and by that time Sesame Street Unpaved was being shown every night or morning at 2am and 4am. I used to actually wake up in the middle of the night Id set my alarm for 2am watch Unpaved, then go back to sleep at 3am. I loved doing this, and if you ask me watching old Sesame Street episodes in the middle of the night was probably the most awsome feeling in the world. It was like a fantasy or dream come true. Sesame Street Unpaved was the best show to ever come on TV. Little by little they did away with this show over the 4 years it was on and by the time it was cancelled in May of 2003 it was only being shown once a week at 4am on Monday Mornings. Now this was bad news for me and I was really sad for quite a while, but when I heard there will be a new CTW Channell, I got kind of excited because I was thinking mabye, just mabye they will bring back Sesame Street Unpaved and put it on this channell. Or even better show old episodes of Sesame Street that were not part of the Unpaved series. Some people have actually told me to not count on This new channell showing Unpaved or old Sesame Street episodes. Also I was a little worried when I saw someone post that the On Demand thing they have right now is only airing episodes from Season 30. But I really want this to happen and I am sure that many of you who are reading this would like this to happen too. I am just wondering if there's something we can do. There are a lot of classic Sesame Street fans in here who I am sure enjoyed Unpaved as much as I do. I say we do something about this. Let's start a Petition to bring it back on the air. Or let's call the station itself and tell them how great it would be if they aired classic Sesame Street and how kids would enjoy it just as much as the current Sesame Street. We could try to convince them the best we could that it would be a great idea to put Unpaved on this new channell. I'm sure with enough effort we could get this show on this channell. Nothing is impossible, Nothing. Even if it's only on once a week in the wee hours of the morning like it was towards the end on Noggin that would be perfectly fine with me. They should at least consider putting it on. So guys let's do it. Let's work as hard as we possibly can to put Classic Sesame Street on this new CTW Channell that is arriving in September. Let's work our butts off and make it happen. Let's work as a team! Let's keep a positive attitude and not think "oh they will never put classic Sesame Street on this new channell" Let's be as Positive as we possibly can and work together and BRING UNPAVED OR CLASSIC SS TO THIS NEW CHANNELL! We can do it guys I know we can do it. Whoever is ready to work hard and fight for what they believe in let's get started immediatley. We have 5 months. Good Luck.

Cooperation makes it happen, Cooperation working together :smile: :smile:

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
I'm totally with you on this! Maybe you could start some kind of online petition!
~Dana~

Ziffel

Reaction score
I remember about a year ago or so coming across an online petition to bring back classic Sesame Street shows. I just tried to google search it, and the site is listed, but I was unable to get it displayed. Not sure if it's still active. I remember there wasn't very many total signatures either, but that was as of a year ago.
Anyway, I certainly share your hunger for the vintage episodes. I didn't even get to ever see the Unpaved ones, due to not having Noggin available from my local cable provider. Most of these wonderful skits I haven't seen in over 30 years. A few I have seen when newer episodes have shown the old clips, which is getting more infrequent every year.

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
I know what you mean. When Sesame Street first started its new format in Febuary of 2002 I was really upset that they had changed the show that much. But there was one thing that made me feel better and that was Noggin was still airing Sesame Street Unpaved. A few months after this the 2 airings a day was reduced to one airing a day, then it was quickly switched to weekends only (2 episodes a week) in January 2003 once a week, and of course in May of that year Sesame Street Unpaved had officially come to an end after a year long battle with Cancellation Cancer. RIP Sesame Street Unpaved you will be missed by many :frown: :frown: :frown:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
all of us are unhappy about the SSU and other classic CTW shows being axed. the 1st 5 years were the most interesing years probably because it was before my time and while i knew a little bit about that time period, certainly i leaned more from these reruns. i figure if not enough people liked it perhaps they could of showed them once in a while. well so much for that. BTW, check out the general boards about this PBS show http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=17384 let's be sure we discuss that one there.

salemfan

Reaction score
I don't have any of the channels that air the old Sesame Street episodes, but somebody suggested I wait until they come to broadcast television. And I agree-old Sesame Street episodes should air on broadcast television.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
if they ever air again I highly doubt they;ll air anywhere else than on cable.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
They could release a DVD set. If they couldn't make a season by season DVD, they could maybe make a box set including the most memorable episodes. Ex: The premire episode; Mr. Hooper's Death; Maria and Luis's wedding, etc.