What did Henson start before his death?

blackurth

Reaction score
what ideas/movies/shows were thought up by henson before he died only to be done after his death? for example I heard that "dinosaurs" and "bear in the big blue house" were his ideas but were done after he died,what about the other movies/shows? anymore? any of the post death muppet movies? jack and the beanstalk? ect.....for example did henson sit down with his staff and said "I would like to adapt classic books like treasure island and christmas carol into the muppets" and they took that idea after death and did what he wanted?or did he sit down with frank oz and said "I want gonzo to be an alien from outer space" and frank remembered him saying that therefore doing it that way? or did he say to his son "I think jack and the beanstalk would make a great movie for us to do someday".....

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
The only thing that I know of that was his idea before he died was working on muppet 3D at walt disney world..that was the last thing that we know of he was working on...if you want more information write to the Henson company..they could explain more than I can well if the person who answers is in a good mood...also depends on how you ask,....anyways even though Christmas Carol,Muppet Treasure Island,and Muppets from Space were all produced and released after Jim's death I do not think he would be displeased with them. They go farther in developing the characters plus millions of fans were pleased and those who are not that big of fans,they consider muppet Christmas carol and Muppet Treasure Island to be classics.I know this doesn't answer your question completely but I hope it helps in an outlook on things. :smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Dinosaurs was in the early stages of development and was produced a few years after his death....I think at the time of his death there was talk of a "Muppet High" TV series and several possible Muppet movie ideas were floating around.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Development for Bear began several years later in the mid-nineties.

Along with Dinosaurs, Storyteller Greek Myths and Mother Goose Stories were in the works around 1990.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain BITBBH was not conceived by Jim Henson. I think it was actually developed by outsider producers and then bought by Henson, as Philip mentioned, in the mid-90s. All of the 90s Muppet Movies were written after Jim's death but reportedly there were lots of ideas floating around in the late 80s and it's possible some were incorporated in to the movies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wasn't "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever" and "Muppet Haunted House" two projects/ideas going on at the time before he died?

I know he had wrapped up "Witches" just before he died, didn't he?

I'm curious about his ideas, too; great thread! Wonder what all he pitched that never got made? I know The Cube is one of those things.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, Buck! I even have that magazine at home, too! It's very cool.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
**A drawing from Disney's crew of designers - the Imagineers - shows Mickey Mouse sitting on a log before a magnificent sunset, his arm draped around a downcast Kermit.**

Aww..thats sooo wondeful :cry: *sniff* does ANY one have this pic or seen it? i REALLY wana see this! :halo: