What did you think?

Frogster

Reaction score
To all of those out there who did buy the first season set, what did you think of it, overall? I just got it yesterday, and I'm 2 1/2 discs through it. Lots of neat things in there. I'm liking how they're counting the karate chops. They even noted the change in Sam's appearance. If they do the Muppet Morsels in Season 2, they'll have lots more to talk about. Now, I'm kinda wishing they'd do this to the Fraggle DVD's... Fraggle Facts. But, staying on topic, what did you enjoy about it?

BEAR

Reaction score
Geez, there are so many threads discussing the DVD set I can't decide which one to stick with. Anyway, so far I think it is pretty cool. I liked the way they put Statler and Waldorf in the menu and talking to us. I think each one of the discs has 2 S&W dialogues. I'm glad I waited before I selected the play option.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I'm very happy that my copy arrived from Amazon today in the mail. :smile:
I had hoped it would come today instead of yesterday, because I wouldn't have been able to watch any last evening. But now I am really looking forward to getting into a few of these after dinner this evening. I will be going through these like I do with all my dvd season tv shows - about 2 or 3 episodes per day. This is for two reasons:

(1) Being a single guy working full time (and quite a bit of overtime) and taking care of a whole house by myself, time is rather strapped.

(2) I like to be able to keep looking forward to seeing an episode that I either have never seen or haven't seen in many years, rather than rush through the complete season in a few days.

And by the way, my dvd box IS fuzzy. :smile:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
another TMS box set thread

I do agree that there are too many threads for TMS box set,should be just a few.I've watched all the episodes,except for 2 of them.It's nice to see all my favorite opening numbers once again.I've grown to like Hugga Wugga & I've forgotten about the musical number with Sandy Duncan 'Nice Girl Like Me',which was one of my favorites.Happy to see Wayne and Wanda,at the dance,and the UK skits.I also enjoyed the pitch & reel,S & V too.The Muppet Morsels are ok,but I have to flip-flop either watching with the morsels or watching with the captioning,unfortunately both can't be done. S & V,said in another thread,reminds me of Muppets Tonight.The bird sketch on S & V is awesome,and watching all the puppeteers for a blip running amok at the end of the show was way cool.I do miss the closing number with Vincent Price,makes it look very empty.

Ernie101

Reaction score
I'm hooked, I have only watched S & V, Juliet Prowse, and Connie Stevens. I TOTALLY agree with Ziffel, I like being able to look forward to the DVD for a long time. I'm taking my time with it, and watching them carefully. It's amazing so far.. like I said, I'm hooked!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah it's really great to savor these for a while , eh Ernie? And makes the wait for the next season a bit shorter too. :smile:

Last night I also watched the first two episodes (Juliet Prowse and Connie Stevens). Great to see Ernie and Bert in the second one. And the Mahna Mahna song in the first one. Very funny! Also loved seeing the scenes I recall back then like the Muppet Glee Club singing "Temptation" (and Kermit getting bowled over by Miss Piggy!) and Muppy wanting the show to be changed to "The Muppy Show." But I had recalled Kermit saying, "The Muppy Show? Eesh! [with his upper lip folded over]" when really he says, "The Muppy Show? Ahhhhhhh!" But I'm glad there were several times where he does do that classic facial expression. Love when he does that!
And I always really enjoyed Statler and Waldorf and was great to see their scenes again, especially Waldorf punching Statler in the nose! And when I first put dvd 1 in, I just sat there to see all that would happen and loved how they put in that bit with S&W saying the viewer is smart to just sit there and not hit the episode selection button!
And I agree that the technical qualities of this set are very good. Pleased with the bonus features included too. So, aside from the cuts, I think this is a very good dvd set and am very happy to now own it. :smile:

Ernie101

Reaction score
I think in the Connie Stevens episode, the Swedish Chef is cooking meatballs and he hits some up to the balcony with a tennis racket. Then, they go up to Statlor and Waldorf and Statlor hits them back down.

I thought that was hillarious.

Also, through one show.. Fozzie thinks everybody is talking about him and saying they don't like him, when really they are talking about Gonzo's bear.

Funny stuff... Still savoring.

unclematt

Reaction score
It seems like Ralph was used for many of the UK skits. Does anyone know if there was a reason for this?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Last night I skipped over the Grey and Buzzi eps to watch the Rita Moreno and Jim Nabors next. Moreno was always great fun to watch in TEC (esp. as the irate movie director!) and Nabors was great as Gomer Pyle. Neat they brought up the Gomer Pyle character in the interview segment. This was one of the shows that had a cut ("Gone with the wind" song) but at least got to see the "Thank God I'm a country boy" song. Good lines, as always, by Statler and Waldorf in both of these, especially when they went back and forth with Fozzie. My next viewing tonight I'll watch Joel Grey and Ruth Buzzi to finish disc one and then for disc two I'll probably select Florence Henderson and Harvey Korman first.
And love when the Swedish Chef comes on. I think it was the Rita Moreno episode where he flips those hotscakes a little too high!

And I see at Amazon, TMS is still hanging strong at #3 in sales. And nice to see that all the reviews submitted there since it came out last Tuesday have been very positive. About 12 people give it 5 stars and four give it 4 stars. :smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
I have now finished all 4 DVDs and am very satisfied. I go to bed with the Muppets on every night and with all the Muppet Morsels to read I have not been able to fall asleep. The info is incredible. I hope they keep it up in upcoming seasons.