What Disney is getting from Henson...

McFraggle

Reaction score
Well... I haven't seen too much of it. I was referring to the original movie.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ZootandDingo said:
All this makes me wonder something. I am going completely on memory here, but didn't the opening titles to "Fraggle Rock" say something along the lines of "Starring Jim Henson's Muppets?" If so, would they now have to change the opening?

:cool:
On the DVDs released by Hit, the logo is changed. It no longer says "Fraggle rock starring jim Hensons Muppets". It now says "Jim Hensons Fraggle Rock", and the logo looks different. On the Dance Your Cares Away DVD, in the bonus episode, the original logo is shown, but in the "Live by the Rule of the Rock" DVD, the bonus episode has the newer episode.

Does anybody else think it is weird that disney got the rights to "Mr. Willobys Christmas Tree" but not "The Cristmas Toy" or "Emmit Otters Jug-Band Christmas"? Kermits screen time in mr. willobys christmas tree is not very differnt from his screen time in the other specials.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yes, minor muppetz, that's exactly what all the confusion on your thread is all about. :big_grin:
Maybe someone will be able to shed light on my mix-up. :embarrassed:

BEAR

Reaction score
How are the characters credited on Sesame Street now? Are they still credited as Jim Henson's Sesame Street Muppets? Jim Henson's name is still listed in the credits as a Muppeteer because of old footage.

McFraggle

Reaction score
So you guys think Disney will ever buy "MTM" and "MFS" from Sony?

Marky

Reaction score
Probably not in the near future. Sony just released that tri-pack with those two (+KSY) in it. The MHC logo is on the box, and it says 2005 mhc on the bottom in teeny weeny writing. That's probably enough profit shRing that those films are worth. To Disney, that is.