What Disney is getting from Henson...

pollick529

Reaction score
jediX said:
All I can say about it is, at least we have what we have. We have seen what horrendous cuts have been made to MFC, just think of what will happen next... cutting Big Bird and Oscar from TMM and GMC!!!!!!! AAAAHHH!!!!!

Ok, so I went a little off the edge there. But really, I don't want to know what Disneys going to do with their edits. At least us fans, the ones who TRUELY care about Muppetage, have these things the way there were meant to be.
I shouldn't think that Disney would cut off the Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch parts in TMM and GMC, because when they released these movies in 1993, the Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch were still kept in, and probably when Disney released their version Emmett Otter's Jug-Band Christmas, they probably kept in Kermit, too. Although they were released under the JHV banner, they still had their little "Distributed by Buena Vista Home Video" things on the bottom. I don't know, maybe they would have to cut 'em out. I just don't know!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Don't forget, licensing and copyrights are a tricky thing, and those major companies want to protect their characters in whatever evil way they can!! AAAGGHHHH!!

I just thought of something! If they begin cutting other characters from movies, what's Disney gonna do with The Muppets Take Manahattan at the end?! Sesame Workshop's Muppets, and JHC's Fraggle Rock characters will be in Disney's TMTM at the end, the whole wedding sequence will have to be chopped up now?! AAAAAHHH!!

Okay, so it likely won't happen at all. Who knows. We'll wait and see, won't we.
We have to.

I doubt it'll come to that.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
The Wedding Scene will be digitally remastered with Disney characters added to take place of the Sesame Streets characters. :crazy:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Funny one there Bean Bunny, LOL.

King Jim

Reaction score
Bean Bunny said:
The Wedding Scene will be digitally remastered with Disney characters added to take place of the Sesame Streets characters. :crazy:
That is true but I will miss seeing the muppets with the Sesame Street characters.

Luke

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
On the other hand, TMTM is owned by Sony.
Wasn't it just distributed by them? I didn't think Columbia actually owned any of the Muppet movies.

McFraggle

Reaction score
That's what I thought too Luke. At the most, I thought they partially owned MTM and MFS.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Well I know Disney didn't get them from Henson. TMM and GMC yes, and Henson's "ownership" or stakes, you can say in the others, according to Mr. Spelich, but not complete ownership.

McFraggle

Reaction score
So Disney would own 100% of TMM, GMC, MCC, and MTI, but only a stake in MTM and MFS?