What do these songs mean?

Misskermie

Reaction score
Ok, I'm lost as to the meaning of these songs:

Poker Face- Lady GaGa

Reptillia- The Strokes

Witch Doctor- Whoever came up with that song first!

Without Me- Eminem AKA Slim Shady AKA Marshal Mathers

Mess Around- Alvin and the Chipmunks

We are the champions- Queen

I was lost on the meaning of these songs... Anyone know?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Lets see if I can interpret some of these

Poker Face-just reading the lyrics...um...to dance around how to say i appropriately, she gets with guys and takes their money

Reptilia-Either its about someone dying, or the couple is questioning their love for one another

Witch Doctor-Thats easy. Guy wants girl but girl doesn't love him so he goes to the witch doctor to make her fall in love with him

Without Me-Seems like its just a song about how there is so much controversy surrounding him...

We are the Champions-He's had it rough in life but never let it bring him down and fought through it

And is Mess Around an altered cover song of something? I'd rather see the original lyrics if it is

Not saying any of these are actually right though

Misskermie

Reaction score
And is Mess Around an altered cover song of something? I'd rather see the original lyrics if it is
Um, I think the Chipmunks wrote it originally. They have a bunch of Chipmunk shout outs in it.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I can't really explain them all, but, I am a HUGE fan of rap music, and I can explain the meaning of Without Me by Eminem, when he says 'it'll be so empty without me' he means rap music and the music world because he is not someone constantly rapping about having money and cars, as in, without him, there would be little to no meaning in rap. Also, in the song he takes shots at everyone who is taking shots at him because they are only choosing to see the bad/controversial part of him because they fail to acknowledge the MEANING in so much of his music, so, he decided to show his feelings about everyone doing this.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I can't really explain them all, but, I am a HUGE fan of rap music, and I can explain the meaning of Without Me by Eminem, when he says 'it'll be so empty without me' he means rap music and the music world because he is not someone constantly rapping about having money and cars, as in, without him, there would be little to no meaning in rap. Also, in the song he takes shots at everyone who is taking shots at him because they are only choosing to see the bad/controversial part of him because they fail to acknowledge the MEANING in so much of his music, so, he decided to show his feelings about everyone doing this.
Well that makes much more sense. I'm not a fan of rap and rap lyrics tend to throw me when trying to interpret them :stick_out_tongue:

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I understand rap, just not all of it.
Well, it takes time. I mean, I've listened to rap all my life, I listen to other things too, but, eventually it starts to make sense because then your learn the difference between rappers and MCs and can find the meanings in the lyrics.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Ok, I'm having trouble fully understanding these Adele songs. Some I get, but I'm not understanding completely.

Adele:
Set Fire to the rain
He won't go
Turning Tables

And here's the others...

September- Earth Wind and Fire
Fantasy-Earth Wind and Fire
Tik Tok- Ke$ha
Milkshake- Kelis
U Can't Touch This- MC Hammer

Help me Peeps!

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I use songfacts.com quite frequently... though the "user comments" sections tend to be the center of "this song is about drugs and you can't convince me otherwise"-type debates. :sigh: