What do you think of the newer Muppets?

Yorick

Reaction score
Maybe I should post this under "20 year old characters" - but I still remember being knocked out by Waldo when the Jim Henson Hour was on TV! I realize that Waldo is not around anymore, but he was a pioneer of CGI :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not too into Johnny Fiama, just sick of the Italian stereotypes. But Pepe can be cute. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like Johnny as a parody of those terrible amature singers that try to pretend to be Frank ... NO one can be Frank... not even his son. But I like Tony Bennet too.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I like Johnny as a parody of those terrible amature singers that try to pretend to be Frank ... NO one can be Frank... not even his son. But I like Tony Bennet too.
Well, that part I can live with. :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Maybe I should post this under "20 year old characters" - but I still remember being knocked out by Waldo when the Jim Henson Hour was on TV! I realize that Waldo is not around anymore, but he was a pioneer of CGI :smile:
I know what you mean! And he was in real time too!

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I enjoy Pepe, but I'm pretty neutral on the other ones. I think I prefer the older Muppets overall.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I love Johnny, Sal, and Pepe, and am thrilled that we've continued to see them outside of Muppets Tonight.

I love Clifford too (wish we saw more of him to be honest), but I don't know where he falls in the "newer" category since I'm pretty sure he was around for a while before Muppets Tonight aired.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I love Johnny, Sal, and Pepe, and am thrilled that we've continued to see them outside of Muppets Tonight.

I love Clifford too (wish we saw more of him to be honest), but I don't know where he falls in the "newer" category since I'm pretty sure he was around for a while before Muppets Tonight aired.
Clifford is a Jim-era Muppet that first gained exposure in the Henson Hour television show in 1989. That will make him 20 years old next year! Many people consider the post Muppet Show characters to be new ones, but in perspective Pepe is on his way to 13. What makes old or new? I guess that's for the fan to decide. Usually less avid fans mainly remember the late 70s/early 80s reruns and product so anything beyond that is new. :embarrassed: