What Does it Take?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What all does it take to get people to leave you alone and stop making up lies about you?

jediX

Reaction score
Turning invisible usually works.

I dealt with garbage like that all that all the time back in school and there just came a point when I really stopped caring what people thought. Unless you have mind control powers, there isn't an awful lot that I know of that works other than just ignoring it and letting it pass. Difficult at the time, yes, but as you go on, it means less and less. Believe me--in time, it won't matter anymore. I, like a lot of other people, had a pretty lousy middle and high school experience social-wise and to tell you the truth, it doesn't bother me anymore. Sure did at the time, but as a I look back, I'm not even friends with the people that did those things anymore. Why? They just weren't worth being friends with. Their loss. Hard cheese.

So what's going on?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I agree with jediX. Yes it is hard Snowth but I continue to pray that you will overcome with God's help. :smile:
Those people who are giving you a hard time are the real losers in the end for they will have to answer to God for their mean treatment of you. They're hurting themselves far worse than you in the long run.
Keep your chin up friend. :smile: With God on our side we can cope with whatever others throw our way.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Whether on this site or not, report them. Take them to whatever authorities you can, so that there is less of a chance of them doing this to you and others. Also, if they are making up lies about you, make sure the peopee they are lying to know the truth.
No offense, but I definately don't think ignoring this is a good idea!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well in principle I agree with jediX but now that Kate has brought this to mind I really agree with her also. God certainly doesn't want us to just passively allow ourselves to be put down.
Stand up for yourself Snowthy but remember to pray for your enemies as Jesus tells us to in Matthew 5:43-48.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I can't show you all what's going on because it involves my personal information being passed out again, but basically, NOW people are saying I'm sending them spiteful e-mails (and quoting them in their posts); unless someone hacked into my e-mail account and deleted the evidence, then they're making it up... I'm thinking the latter because they make up things about me ALL the time!

jediX

Reaction score
See, that's the problem; every situation is different. Off the top, it seemed that this was a case of the generic high school he-said-she-said, which is what I addressed. In that case, just not caring really does work, because as long as you set the facts straight with the third party--the lied-to's--then you've done about all you can without having to resort to bringing other parties into the mess. Been there, done that. And to be frank, neither were really worth being friends anyway, if they're the kind of people that tell and believe outrageous lies in the first place. Would a real friend believe an outrageous lie? I know my real friends wouldn't.

And it all really involves how extreme the backtalk really is: if its just the usual catting, then that's not nearly as bad as if they're libeling you and making up things that could be potentially harmful to you in a legal manner, like you are committing crimes, threatening people, etc. You get the idea...that's what I meant. I figured that if this was already serious legal issue, youd be talking to the cops and not people on the internet.

Here's my question for you: why do you associate with these people if you know that they always do this kind of thing?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Money, bribes, that sort of thing. Sometimes knowin' someone "connected" helps too, if you know what I mean. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Money, bribes, that sort of thing. Sometimes knowin' someone "connected" helps too, if you know what I mean. :wink:
You wanting me to hire you Vic?