What Does Sesame Street Mean to You? - A Muppet Mindset Article Question

APRena

Reaction score
It's so hard to sum up Sesame Street either generally or personally without writing an entire book about it all. Yes, how it's impacted millions of kids around the world and taught everything from numbers to tolerance to what not to do if there is a monster in your mirror.

To me it's something that serves as a sort of connector for people, a way of understanding, of bringing the universe together using these shared experiences. Okay, maybe that's just corny, but if you didn't speak a word of Japanese **side: but you probably DO, thanks to Sesame Street! Please is toto, yes is hai, sayonara means goodbye... see my train of thought? Sesame Street infiltrates itself pretty much on a daily basis.**, someone over there would probably recognize a reference to Kermit the Frog.

On a personal level Sesame Street serves as a method of communication in a much less far-fetched way:

Both my parents grew up on SS, so did my brother and I. This has allowed for numerous references, perfected impressions, a lot of singing, and a surefire way to cheer anyone up-- POKE POKE POKE POKE POKE! My brother also has autism and LOVES Sesame Street. As much as this has shown me the show's great influence on autistic kids and provided a common interest between us, it's also shown me that no one outgrows Sesame Street. It's impossible to forget or grow tired of, whether it's just nostalgia or something life-shaping; no one outgrows their need for Sesame Street-- the need to laugh and learn and sometimes just be a kid and EAT COOKIES! No one ever really leaves Sesame Street, what's sad are the people who try to leave.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey gang! Remember, this is the last day to get in your answer! We've got some truly great ones so far! :big_grin: