What does your stage look like

biblebetty

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to dress up my stage to look like a backyard. do you guys dress up your stages? what do they look like? Do you have pics. How did you come up with the ideas? So far I have potted plants (the long pots) and fake grass. I'm trying to make a tree & do something for the curtain. Like to paint on a large clothe a fence and plants to look like a small child's backyard and also a dog house for St Bernard (her dog)

thanks for your help!:smile:

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
oh man...my stage has a black curtain scrim & I usually just set props out on the playboard to set the scene. Since i use a scrim, I try not to put anything on the curtain if I can help it. So...I guess I'm a bad one to advise on this one.

Whispers

Reaction score
I'd use things like hooks and prop stands to put up trees and other scenic elements. My team hasn't really done much with scenery yet but our next show [in about a month] will so we're going to be using hooks and prop racks/stands.

biblebetty

Reaction score
if you get a chance send me some pics of your stage sets. i'd really like to see what it looks like

biblebetty

Reaction score
this is the exact stage I have. i was asking how you dress it up. This easter I tried to put fake flowers in long pots and one tree on each side. i'm also thinking of putting fake grass and maybe hanging a painted fence and flowers on the curtains. I wanted to see if anyone did any other things to their stages. I need ideas. I want the children to feel they are visiting her & St Bernard in her backyard.

wes

Reaction score
i'm sorry betty I guess i should have read the whole post.

Maybe this will help?

the jungle

I know it's a jungle but maybe you could twik this idea to make it work for you

biblebetty

Reaction score
That's alright I do the same thing. Hey that's a great pic. where did you get the tree. I've been look to either make one or buy one. At Easter I used the churches fake trees and they were pretty heavy to move. but i want some of my own. was this tree heavy, how did you transport it. did u make it or buy it. how much? or how did you make it?

Whispers

Reaction score
Sure thing Betty I'll definitely take picture of the set and scenery =]

wes

Reaction score
I made that out of wood, chicken wire and sprayfoam in a can then I spray painted it I used two old fake trees for the leaves, I can walk in the back and use the hole to put a puppet through.