1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What Episodes would you have wanted on an extra 5-disc Best of TMS set?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by cjd874, Dec 8, 2012.

1. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

So Muppet Wiki says that after Time-Life released the 15 DVDs called The Best of the Muppet Show (with 3 episodes per DVD), Columbia was going to re-release the whole set and add another 5 DVDs with different episodes, but it never happened due to the Muppets becoming Disney's property.
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Best_of_the_Muppet_Show

Does anyone know what episodes were going to be on these 5 extra volumes? If not, here's another question: which 15 MS episodes would you have liked to have seen on these DVDs?
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I have no idea if there were any plans for an episode line-up for volumes 16-20, but I'll make a list of what I would have wanted before the season sets came out.

Volume 16: Ethel Merman/ Loretta Switt/ Hal Linden
    Volume 17: Linda Lavin/ Leo Sayer/ Phyllis George
    Volume 18: Melissa Manchester/ Connie Stevens/ Leslie Ann Warren
    Volume 19: Kris Kristofferson &Rit Coolidge/ Kaye Ballard/ Judy Collins
    Volume 20: Roger Miller/ Shirley Bassey/ Zero Mostel

I wanted to list what character design sketches I would have wanted, but I don't know off-hand what design sketches were in what DVD (I know none of the have sketches for Lips, Trumpet Girl, either Jugband, or Fleet Scribbler). Before I got the first three season sets those would have been episodes I wanted to see (and I had seen some of the episodes I listed). After
    Having the season sets there are quite a few episodes I really like that I wasn't expecting to like so much, but ironically I didn't see them until I got them on the season sets, so it migh have been useless to list them.
    LStein likes this.
  3. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Here's what I would have wanted:

Volume 16: Avery Schreiber/ Leo Sayer/ Gladys Knight
    Volume 17: Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge/ Christopher Reeve/ Dizzy Gillespie
    Volume 18: Paul Williams/ Melissa Manchester/ Zero Mostel
    Volume 19: Alan Arkin/ Ruth Buzzi/ Judy Collins
    Volume 20: Don Knotts/ Buddy Rich/ Ethel Merman
  4. Rhys

Rhys Member

I want those 2 ^
  5. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Christopher Reeve/Loretta Swit/Zero Mostel
  6. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I wonder if Time-Life could get in a deal with Disney and release the last two TMS seasons on DVD.