What floor do Ernie and Bert live on?

Cherrymoon

Reaction score
I just got the Sesame Street online newsletter.

What floor do Ernie and Bert live on?

A.Basement
B.First floor
C.Second floor
D.Third floor

Stumped? The answer is (A) the basement. The Robinsons live on the first floor, the Rodriguez family lives on the second floor, and there is no third floor at 123 Sesame Street

Is this correct?

BEAR

Reaction score
That would be correct.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's mostly correct. Always thought 1-2-3 had three floors, since it is after all, 1-2-3 Sesame Street. The main building also has a little shed that opens up on the rooftop landing where they sometimes had performances or little gatherings, even a rock garden at one time.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yeah, that's mostly correct. Always thought 1-2-3 had three floors, since it is after all, 1-2-3 Sesame Street. The main building also has a little shed that opens up on the rooftop landing where they sometimes had performances or little gatherings, even a rock garden at one time.

1-2-3 is just a street address. Doesn't really have anything to do with the number of floors in the building. After all, the next building up the street is called 4-5-6 as the address. There is no 3rd floor unless you count the roof though, as you said.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... I know it's just an address... But it kinda makes sense that you have three-floored buildings for three-numbered addresses, especially on Sesame Street where it's about teaching and the little details like that always get you.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yeah... I know it's just an address... But it kinda makes sense that you have three-floored buildings for three-numbered addresses, especially on Sesame Street where it's about teaching and the little details like that always get you.

Gotcha:smile: