What happened to Bean Bunny?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I guess that work, but I could see that gimmick getting old really fast depending on how it was used, also that sort of joke about puppets/cartoons being only for children is starting to lose some of its zing since there is increasing respect for those art forms.
Yeah I'm glad. There's more respect for adult animation then puppetry. Many reasons why great shows like Greg the Bunny and Crank Yankers didn't last as long as they should have. Well okay CY lasted 3 seasons and one last short one on MTV2 but still. A friend of mine told me that many puppeteers have and still have tried to pitch tons of adult puppet shows for tv and no one will take them. I'm not sure what ever happened to Kevin Carlson and Jim Murray's Crow Police if it aired shortly or if there was just a pitch trailer made, or what. But I loved the trailer. Billy Ba****d was another, Billy West and Jim Gomez of The Ren & Stimpy Show was involved with that but it never showed the light of day. It Came Out Of The West: Zombie Western was something that floated around and it's on DVD but the english version is download online. I REALLY WANT TO SEE THAT! lol
The only successful thing that I've seen is Apollo's Pad. AWESOME AWESOME Webshow. They have their own 10 minute TV show in Canada now. I really want the DVDs whenever they come out. I think it's genuis.

Anyway, I'm still waiting the day for the next Spitting Image or Meet The Feebles. Even me I'm trying hard to be in the same boat wanting to pitch stuff.

But hopefully Henson Alternative will get something out there to the mainstream on TV or Film. I can't wait for Brian Henson's R-rated Puppet Movie. I'll be there opening night when it comes out. :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I never noticed him in IAVMMCM or Wizrd of Oz, (I wasn`t able to sit through the whole thing) but according to this article he was. http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Bean_Bunny
Muppet Wiki's the Best :smile: I love it! I go there a few times a week. But Jim's Red Book. It's like someone and the morning paper. I check it out daily. :smile: It's amazing, stuff like this wasn't there for us in the late 90s, early 2000s.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
You know what I find strange is that Bean was treated like the new Muppet of the cast like Clifford. But now you don't see them anymore. But Pepe, that's another story. How long ago was Muppets Tonight, over 10 years. I still can't believe it. I was there when it was on TV. :smile: But yeah, I would rather see Bean then Pepe or even the other Muppets Tonight Muppets instead of Pepe but that's just my opinion.