What happened to good old Herry?

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
Greetings! I am here to ask a very important question... I haven't been seeing Herry for a long time... He seems to be missing. He was one of Jerry's better voices, one that was different and he rarely slipped into. I always have trouble distingusing[SP?] Herry's voice and puppeteer, its so different from say, Count, or...Uncle Deadly, those two are similar, or Gobo and Robin, or even Lew Zealand and the Count's hyper laugh he did in a song where he counts vegitables and stuff... Umbrellas...You know.

So... I am just wondering about the stronger Sesame Street monster, and worrying for his whereabouts.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
He very rarely shows up from time to time anymore. But nothing more than small appearances. But The Count appears to be Jerry's main character these days.:smirk:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Wasn't his last appearance in the "The Street We Live On" special?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Wasn't his last appearance in the "The Street We Live On" special?
Yes it was and according to muppet wiki,it was his most recent appeareance.I wish Herry was still on Sesame Street.I don't know why he was taken off.Maybe he was scaring little kids.

SSLFan

Reaction score
How? He didn't scare me as a kid. Frazzle didn't either. What happened to him? Now those monsters from Monster Clubhouse are the real reason to get scared.:big_grin:

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
How? He didn't scare me as a kid. Frazzle didn't either. What happened to him? Now those monsters from Monster Clubhouse are the real reason to get scared.:big_grin:
I shake in fear at the little red abomination that is Elmo. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I shake in fear at the little red abomination that is Elmo. :wink:
:rolleyes:

And we manage to kill another thread with pointless Elmo Bashing...

Staying back on the topic, I do feel it's due to Jerry Nelson in most part. As spry as he is for his age, he's not as young as he used to be. plus, the writers haven't really developed any real matereal for him. Had they not had to introduce a certain new character (who makes Elmo look like... well... anything that makes Elmo look better isn't good), they could have had a nice little Herry episode.

He actually does have one brief cameo in the background every season (I'm pretty sure he was in an opening shot in the first episode of this last season, so muppet Wiki musta got that wrong, unless they mean an actual speaking role).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score

Staying back on the topic, I do feel it's due to Jerry Nelson in most part. As spry as he is for his age, he's not as young as he used to be.
Yeah,Jerry Nelson is getting old.To think now that he's like 75.He may eventually retire from the show.

SSLFan

Reaction score

Staying back on the topic, I do feel it's due to Jerry Nelson in most part. As spry as he is for his age, he's not as young as he used to be. plus, the writers haven't really developed any real matereal for him. Had they not had to introduce a certain new character (who makes Elmo look like... well... anything that makes Elmo look better isn't good), they could have had a nice little Herry episode.

He actually does have one brief cameo in the background every season (I'm pretty sure he was in an opening shot in the first episode of this last season, so muppet Wiki musta got that wrong, unless they mean an actual speaking role).

yeah, Elmo's not that bad...i think. it's just the overexposure. now back on topic...:attitude:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah,Jerry Nelson is getting old.To think now that he's like 75.He may eventually retire from the show.
He still plays the Count and a few incidental characters. If Herry Monster can get a good recast, we could see a lot more of him... provided we realize a recast won't be exactly the same as Jerry's Herry (which rhymes, don't bother pointing that out :wink: ).

Me, I really think 2 of the most underrated characters are Telly and Herry (and Telly is in every episode, if not every other too).

They do sometimes make Merchandising with herry on it. There was a kite they made 2 years ago, and he was seen in the group of monsters. Then, of course, there is a puzzle, which I will talk about in another thread.