What Henson stuff came on Odyssey?

Erine81981

Reaction score
So how do you get the Odyssey Channel? I have statille. Is Hallmarkk channel the same thing. I would of love recording all that stuff.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Odyssey re-launched as the Hallmark Channel in August 2001.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Re: Re: Guys,

Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Typically about two minutes were edited from an hour-long special. The John Denver specials and Santa Claus Switch didn't re-air due to copyright reasons, but all of the others were shown on Odyssey, including the two Muppet Show pilots.
I'm sure the Disney World special didn't air, right?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's right. It didn't air either on Hallmark. It was shown originally in May 1990, then re-aired a couple times on the Disney Channel in the early nineties.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
That's right. It didn't air either on Hallmark. It was shown originally in May 1990, then re-aired a couple times on the Disney Channel in the early nineties.
That's the worst part, for me, of Disney not buying the Muppets. I'm NEVER gonna see that special again!!!

Erine81981

Reaction score
See I kwen about Odyssey showing muppet stuff at the time I didn't have statillie. And one thing I didn't have a job. And I wouldn't have been able to buy statillie. So that sucks really bad. I wish I knew some people that had some old Muppet show and speicals. I would tade anything just to see the second pilot for the muppet show. I saw the other one on Nick when they showed it. but never recorded it. I didn't know how to record yet knew about how to work one not record I use to record but didn't know or didn't have one at the time. but I use to record old cartoons. Oh I wanted to tell ya'll and I know it doesn't have to do with Odyssey but the other day I went with my mom to abilene
to a card shop and saw all sorts of Sesame Street cards from the 80s thought that was pretty cool. I could of bought some but didn't. There were the big cards not real big but the ones that have puppet ones and some with cartoons ones. I wished I would have bought some. I'll try to one of these days.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Yes, Odyssey re-launched as the Hallmark Channel in August 2001.
A few years ago the Hallmark Channel in Asia has been showing some Muppet/Henson stuff.

They had:
*Mopatop's Shop
*Construction Site
*The Animal Show
*Open Sesame(which is a half hour show that features sketches from Sesame Street)
*The Wubbolous World of Dr. Seuss(both the first and second season)
*Muppets Tonight
*Sesame Street(episodes from Season 29)
*SS specials-Big Bird in China, Don't Eat the Pictures(in which I missed :frown: ), and Big Bird in Japan

Then there was also this miniseries called "Arabian Nights", in which the Creature Shop was involved in. I'm pretty sure it's Henson because I remember seeing the "Jim Henson Television" logo at the end. Strange thing is, there was never a page for this show at Henson.com :smirk:

Right now, they have Play With Me Sesame and Sesame Street season 31 episodes.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Oh wait...let me clear up on one thing: it's the season 32 episodes that are showing over there right now, not the season 31 eps.

McFraggle

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
That's the worst part, for me, of Disney not buying the Muppets. I'm NEVER gonna see that special again!!!
That's looking more likely now. :wink: