1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What if ALF met the Sesame Street gang ?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by mbmfrog, Apr 18, 2009.

1. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I mean it...what if the Melmack Alien meet the SS gang ?
  2. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

That'd be an interesting episode.
  3. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I would be all for it! I always wanted Alf to do something with the Muppets. I have no idea what would happen, but it'd be amazing.
  4. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Ahh, Alf and Muppets, now THAT would be interesting- I love them both!
  5. Wiseman

Wiseman Member

make it a fanafic

ok mbmfrog make it happen. After all, look at what's happening over in the fanfic section to The Life Of A Frig. It can't be any worse.
  6. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Well, that... would sure be interesting XD
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

(From a classic ALF episode)

Brian:Did you get Sesame Street on Melmac?

ALF:No! And I certainly don't get it here, either.
  8. PurpleHonker

PurpleHonker New Member

Considering ALF ate cats, I'd be concerned for all the fuzzy little Muppets he'd meet on the Street. Maybe they would look appetizing too? I could certainly survive without Elmo, but what if ALF found Grover? Could Super Grover save the day or would there be a furry massacre? :super:

Don't get me wrong, it could still be fun to watch, but the possibility of flying foam and stuffing could create quite the horror scene and the demise of our most beloved furry ones. I'd approach the project with caution ;)
  9. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

What a fabulous idea!:concern: I myself would still probably be a bit more interested in the prospect of the MST3K gang coming to the muppet theatre.:)
  10. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

That would be awesome to see ALF and the Muppets meet up. (I kinda think he might be better suited for The Muppet Show crowd, but there's no reason why he couldn't hang with the Sesame Street crew. He's not always crass, crude and sarcastic.;) Just most of the time. Ha! I kill me.:))
  11. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think ALF is just about the only Muppet that could shut Elmo up!

But yes, Sesame Street was featured in the ALF pilot along with the theme tune - and i also believe that Jim Henson joked at a hollywood dinner for his agent that ALF and Miss Piggy might work together, lol. Jim and ALF had the same agent!
  12. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Yeah, I wondered if there was some connection between ALF and the Muppets. In fact, in one MAD spoof of ALF, they had several Muppets, including Gonzo, Janice and Kermit, in the end panel...and earlier on, there's this dialogue:

"Who was that at the door, dear? Another alien expert?"
    "No, it was Jim Henson!"
    "With some good advice?"
    "No, with a ten-page subpoena! What is 'copyright infringement,' anyway?"

But I read somewhere that the human actors on ALF routinely complained about playing second fiddle to a puppet - and I remember thinking that they never would have made it on TMS.
  13. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

Lol, true, true.:D
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The funniest thimg imn the world is that the ONLY time ALF and the Muppets ever appeared in something side by side, it was both their animated forms for that PSA special. How wonky is that?