What if Pixar made a Muppet Movie?

CrazyHarryFan

Reaction score
Forget about legality or rights and all that, just for fun lets discuss this:

What if Pixar wanted to do a digital Muppet movie? Would you support it? Would you not want to see it? Why or why not?

Personally, I am obsessed with Pixar like I am the Muppets. I know the reaction that I might get by asking, but imagine the new audience that a digital Pixar movie would create.

It may seem strange, and you may argue that a digital movie would put the Puppeteers out of a job, but I don't think so at all. If anything, I think it would quickly create a huge demand for all things Muppets!

Anyway, I just thought it might be interesting to get the discussion started.

God Bless!

----Chuck

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
They could do it with the digital puppetry that Henson uses for Waldo C. Graphic on The Jim Henson Hours, and Sid the Science Kid. That's be interesting

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Pixar and the Muppets would go really well, I think. Not only does their general mood seem to be a good fit, but I though Karen Prell did some work there too. You can't beat actual Muppeteers at Pixar.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I know this is the reaction you expected to get: "Never. Want. To. See. Digital. Muppets. Ever." So, so as not to let your expectation down..."I never ever want to ever see the Muppets animated ever ever ever."

Although, I would like to see a Pigs in Space CGI series, and/or a new Muppet Babies cgi, based on the Puppet designs.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm not fond of the idea of digital muppets either, actually. Just from a personality standpoint, the two companies are a decent match.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Oh GOD I think thats a bad idea! Interesting topic though. I think it would destroy what the muppets are! If I'm right in sayhing this muppet is a combinstion of two words: Marionette and Puppet. And basically thats what they are. PUPPETS! Jim Henson was working on something similiar though near the time of his death I think. He was going to do a muppets special about computers. It was sadly never made though. He made a 3D kermit head, and he also had already made an entire 3D character. Waldo C. Graphic. I still think its a bad idea though.

Fluffets

Reaction score
They could do it with the digital puppetry that Henson uses for Waldo C. Graphic on The Jim Henson Hours, and Sid the Science Kid. That's be interesting
This may not have anything to do with the topic but... I just realiazed I think you sent me a friend invite on youtube. My account name on youtube is doctorwhoobawooba. :smile:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing a project that mixes traditional puppetry mixed with Digital Muppets like Waldo, much in the same fashion as Muppet Vision 3D. I wouldn't want CG to be the dominant element though.