1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What if they had a Muppet Network?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by CaptCrouton, Jun 27, 2002.

1. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

I stopped by my parent's one day and my mom was watching the Game Show Channel. I couldn't believe it. Today I was thinking they have a History Channel, a Cooking Channel, a Fashion Channel, even a home decorating channel. What if they had a Muppet Network? Wouldn't that be awesome? All Muppets, all the time.

In the morning, the kiddies could watch Bear, Hoobs, Sesame Street, Fraggles

In the evening, the Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, Jim Henson Hour.

Feature films, of course of Muppet Movies, and maybe on very rare occassions they would play The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth.

That would be the basis of old programming (like in the Game Show Channel) Let's fantacize that Henson hired you to produce/direct/creative consult a brand new muppet show of your own. What would yours be?
  2. I'm not sure what my show idea would be, but I would tooooootally go for a Muppet network!

*sigh*
  3. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Only one catch: Not enough programming to make up a 24/7 channel.
  4. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

I'd prefer to call it "The Henson Channel." :)
  5. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

That's why I asked what kind of new programming we could come up with.

For instance, in another thread I mentioned a show centered around Mahna Mahna in a muppety world inhabited by Snowths and those pointy head guys.

And what about an Electric Mayhem video show. We've already got a video from Weezer (Wheezer?) That's 5 more minutes than we had last week. Then we could have a making of the Weezer video for another hour.

Okay so I'm a dreamer. So all I need is lovers and at least one more dreamer, and Kermit.
  6. Well, that's only for the non-obsessive Muppet fan. I don't think any of us here would mind seein' everything Muppety onscreen 24/7! :D
  7. radionate

radionate New Member

Don't forget things like:

In the Morning:
    Wubbulous World of Dr. Suess
    Mother Goose Tales
    Muppet Babies (I know I know, but someone was going to post it)
    The Ghost of ???? Hall
    The Animal Show

In the Afternoon and Evenings:

Space Brats of the Lost Nebula
    Dinosaurs
    Alien in the Family

Plus all the specials and Creature shop movies.

There's enough for a start at least
  8. Yeah, see? I think it could make it 24/7---especially with all the YEEEEEEEEEEEEEARS of SS there is!

Hmmmm...and what about interviews with fans and such, a "MuppetFest" special, all kinds of new behind-the-scenes things, "Catching Up With Muppeteers"---all kindsa good original Muppety stuff pertainin' to the classic years. :)
  9. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

I think their is enough programing to make it a 24/7 network, what would you think of a schedule like this?

Morning
    7:00 AM-Bear in the Big Blue House
    7:30 AM-Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories
    8:00 AM-Sesame Street (this way between 7:00 AM and 10:00 AM, Sesame Street is always on the air whether it's on PBS, or The Muppet Network
    9:00 AM-The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss
    10:00 AM-Bear in the Big Blue House
    10:30 AM-Mopatop's Shop
    11:00 AM-Construction Site
    11:30 AM-The Hoobs
    12:00 PM-Jim Henson's Animal Show with Stinky and Jake
    12:30 PM-The Ghost of FaffnerHall
    1:00 PM-Sam and Friends
    1:30 PM-Secret Life of Toys
    Afternoon
    2:00 PM-Muppet Babies
    2:30 PM-Muppet Babies
    3:00 PM-Fraggle Rock
    3:30 PM-Fraggle Rock
    4:00 PM-Afternoon Special (Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas, The Tale of Bunny Picnic, The Muppets musicians of Bremen, The Frog Prince, Hey Cinderella, Jim Henson's the Christmas Toy, Tales of the Tinkerdee, Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree, Kermit's Swamp Years, Sesame Street: 20 years and counting)
    Night
    5:00 PM-Dinosaurs
    5:30 PM-Mondays-Aliens in the Family
    Tuesdays-City Kids
    Wednesdays-Dog City
    Thursdays-Family Rules
    Fridays-The Fearing Mind
    Saturday-Fraggle Rock (animated series)
    Sunday-The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show
    6:00 PM-Jim Henson's Greek Myth's
    7:00 PM-The Muppet Show
    7:30 PM-Muppets Tonight
    8:00 PM-Muppets Tonight
    8:30 PM-The Muppet Show
    9:00 PM-Farscape
    10:00 PM-Special (The Muppets on Puppets, Valentine Special, Sex and Violence, The Muppets go Hollywood, The Muppets go to the movies, John Denver and the Muppets: a christmas together, a celebration of 30 years, a Muppet Family Christmas, The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, The Muppets at Walt Disney World, Of Muppets and Men, youth '68, The Cube, Jim Henson Presents, The Jim Henson Hour: assorted episodes)
    11:00 PM-The Muppet Show
    11:30 PM-Muppets Tonight
    12:00 PM-I think that from 12:00 PM-7:00 PM it would be nice to just have Muppet Music with calm Muppet Pictures in the backround, sort of an all-Muppet radio station for your television.

On Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays I would have Henson films (Muppet Films, films the Henson family has worked on, and film the creature shop have worked on. The FILMS would start at 7, run till 9, and all the regular programing would start again at 9 and run until 2:00 AM on these nights. What do y'all think of this schedule? Sounds like a dream to me...
  10. radionate

radionate New Member

and Dog City and Little Muppet Monsters.

Plus Muppets Tonight? Did anyone meantion that yet?
  11. radionate

radionate New Member

Maybe we should start a letter writing campaign to Nick at Night to see if they could do one whole week of classic muppet stuff from the seventies. That would tie me over for awhile. Sex and Violence, etc etc
  12. Hmmm...that's a bad idea, Nate. I love the sitcoms they show now, but they sure could use some more variety. And the Muppets would be great!

Way to go, BBB! :D

;)
  13. radionate

radionate New Member

That's an idea. You and I could start a puppet BBB and you and I could introduce all the segments that week!
  14. Lol, sounds good to me! :)

If we can get along for that long on camera...LOL!
  15. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

Byron, thanks for the enthusiasm about my schedule. The one really nice thing that will happen if Disney gets the Muppets is you'll be seeing a lot more Muppet programing on TV, as Disney owns ABC, ABC Family, Disney Channel, Toon Disney etc... Of course I say this under the assumption that Disney still has at least an ounce of brains left in them, which I'm not so sure of anymore.
  16. radionate

radionate New Member

What numbers could we do? And who says we wouldn't get along on stage? (as I slap you across the back of the head)
  17. Hey, you made it easy to get so enthusiastic! :D The only change I would make is include another hour or so of FR and TMS each day, maybe SS too---I just love 'em! :)

LOL, I hear ya on that one, Ben! :)
  18. HEY! Watch it! :mad: You may be bigger than me, but that doesn't mean you get to be bully me...d--does it? :eek: *gulp*

And we could do any numbers, man---I'm game for anything! :D

*steps on your foot---hard*
  19. radionate

radionate New Member

Showtunes. We gotta do showtunes in the honor of Muppets
  20. Sounds good to me. :)