What If...

Brooklyn

Reaction score
WHAT IF….You get a call from a Beatrice one day on your cell phone. You find it hard to hear what she is saying, not because of the connection but because you are walking the streets of NYC, and the customary sounds of car horns blowing, people yelling and dogs barking are drowning out this mystery woman’s voice. You sprint to turn the corner, in the hopes that the honking will subside. You are able to make out the words – Brian…Henson…wants…you. With out fully understanding the next question from Beatrice, you immediately say YES. As you make that turn onto 48th street, the sound on the other line is much clearer and you hear, “great, we look forward to meeting you tomorrow morning.”

The next morning you wake up as if you are back in the fourth grade and today were the day of a class trip. As you make your way to Brian’s office, you wonder what he would want with you. Does he want to yell at you for buying up all the Christmas ornaments at the Hallmark store? Did you send too many emails with questions to the Jim Henson Legacy email address? Are you posting too much on the Muppet forums? As you make your way into the building, you find yourself wiping your feet at the door – only to look down and see that you are wiping your dirty shoes on Miss Piggy’s face, granted it is a doormat. You do jump a bit, concerned that she will yell at you. The next few minutes go by very fast, as you are wisped through the hallways by Beatrice (the lady from the phone), and see various movie and TV show posters on the wall. A Sesame Street poster…Plop! You sit down on a very nice leather chair in front of a desk, where Brian Henson turns around in his equally nice leather chair, although much higher than yours, and gives you a nod as he finishes a phone call. As he puts down the phone, Brian says, “Hi (your name here), we think you're great. In fact, we know it.”

Brian proceeds to tell you about his history with the Muppets, his time working with his father and being on the first episode of Sesame Street. Here it comes; Brian follows it up with a question for you:

“We want to create a prime time TV show focusing on the Muppets again. What do you think we should do?”

And you reply……..

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd tell him that I'd like to work on the show. I'd tell him that it should focus more on older characters, with only a small number of new characters at first, and only a small focus on them at first. I would like it to be a variety show, but it would be great if the Muppets would do a sitcom-style show instead. Maybe it could have them running a show, but focus more on the weekly behind-the-scenes happenings of their show (and perhaps what happens after the shows).

Brooklyn

Reaction score
What if he said variety shows are dead. We need something fresh, good ideas but they explored all them w/ the muppet show already, YEARS ago. Brian turns in his chair nervously...

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I'd probably respond with, "excuse me, where is your restroom?"

MGov

Reaction score
I'd ask, "Um, are you working for Disney now? Did you buy the Muppets back? Again? Can't you make up your mind? Muppets or no Muppets?"

Then I'd call Beatrice back in the office, insist that she bring me three bottles of off brand fizzie water and an order of gnocchi with pesto sauce from Abboccato.

Then Brian and I would take off our pants and compare tattoos and knee surgery scars.

Eventually former New York City Mayor Ed Koch would join us for a few rounds of three handed cribbage while Beatrice plays the Bee Gees greatest hits on her accordion.

Brooklyn

Reaction score
I have to admit, thought this post was going to get more attention....:sleep:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If I'm told that variety is dead (and I hope it isn't), then I would stick with my idea for the Muppets doing a series where eahc episode focuses more on the plot. The Mupets would still be working on a show, but there would be more focus on the pre-and post-show process. Focus on auditoons, getting a guest star, rehearsals, bad reviews, and so on.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Then Brian and I would take off our pants and compare tattoos and knee surgery scars.

Eventually former New York City Mayor Ed Koch would join us for a few rounds of three handed cribbage while Beatrice plays the Bee Gees greatest hits on her accordion.

O_O I am disturbed.

LOL!