What if.....?

DirthNader

Reaction score
Anybody here ever wish they had done something different with their lives. Look at where you are now. Are you happy or did life seem to move quicker than you could keep up?

Well, what if you could go back in time? Would you change anything? Would you start all over again and do things different "this" time? Where do you think you might be now if you could?

I'll start:
I do that from time-to-time. It can get pretty depressing, especially as I get older. 20/20 hind sight is a pain. I used to think that I would go back to the very beginning. Of course, since it's my wish, I would have the benefit of knowing what paths I've already taken and choose the opposite ones as needed. I would get better grades; take my school work and career goals more seriously, and stay in better shape. This would get me into better jobs. I would be in a house instead of an apartment, and I would have free time to spend with my family, watching my little daughter grow before my eyes, and spending more time with my wife.
Now I think I would just change the last few years. The mistakes I made as a teen were because I was a teen. As an adult, I've made far graver mistakes that I wouldn't mind erasing from my past. I'd still have my wife and little girl, and I would still a lucky man.

Hope you guys participate. If not, no sweat. Just an idea.

Later :big_grin:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
well i would start by getting a life....i have no friends to hang out with my college. i spend my time by either getting my school work done as early as possible, running a lot, and staying in my room and just watching tv. i need more excitement. i need to do something over the top, unexpected, but good and that could make me feel good.....

ryan

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I believe that it's the decisions we make that shape our lives and character. Those choices have made me the person I am today. I like myself so I don't think there's much to say. I've learned valuable lessons from every bad decision I've made. I just wish I didn't have to learn them so well! LOL! Not many regrets, but a lot of lessons.

No matter what your past is, every day is a new one with new possibilities. I just can't live in what-ifs because they will eat me alive from the inside and waste valuable time that could be used to build something substantial for my future. As long as there’s breath in my body and swiftness to my step, the whole world is full of possibilities. I firmly believe that. :excited:

DirthNader

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4

No matter what your past is, every day is a new one with new possibilities. I just can't live in what-ifs because they will eat me alive from the inside and waste valuable time that could be used to build something substantial for my future. As long as there’s breath in my body and swiftness to my step, the whole world is full of possibilities. I firmly believe that. :excited:
Man I would love to be like that. I know you're right, and I know that life would be easier if I thought the way you do, but I think I have some sort of condition or something that makes the past just as real for me today as it was in...well, the past.

Maybe a good hobby. I know, I'll take on a pseudo identity and write my thoughts on line. Maybe i'll get to know some people and even make some new friends.

I see my future so clearly now. By the way, this really isn't sarcasm, and I do honestly agree with you. I just thought it would be fun to fool around with the possabilities.

Later :big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
no i think i love me!

*of course who DOESN'T love me?* (don't answer that superscoot)

Sarah

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Certainly no offense taken. Everybody has their own hang-ups. Mine is people getting in my way while I'm trying to do things - like walking down the street to get to an appointment. I have to remind myself that its the things ghat get in my way that make life what it is. An easy walk down the street where I wasn't met by some goof in my way would probably be rather boring. :big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
no i think i love me!

Sarah
You knew I would.

I LOVE YA', SWEETIE!

MWA!

:flirt:

Thank you. I shall now rinse my mouth out with soup and disinfect my tongue in a pot of boiling hot water.[

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Thank you. I shall now rinse my mouth out with soup and disinfect my tongue in a pot of boiling hot water.[
How can one possibly disinfect with soup? XP

^_^ Debo

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
no i think i love me!

Sarah
is this a trick question?.......