What is it about Sesame Street...

wockawocka

Reaction score
What is it about Sesame Street that gets us hooked? The first thing I think of is how cute, funny, and enjoyable all the muppets and monsters on SS are. What do you think? :stick_out_tongue:

jadziamorgan

Reaction score
Good question!! I can only remember that from the start I was watching as a mum - not as a kid and what appealed to me was the way the programme functioned on two levels - one for the kids and one for the parents - to make sure the mums etc sat along and watched too. I loved the jokes and guest stars, then I started to notice the songs and how well the video clips were made, I even loved the old early 70's clips that were inserted - as an aging hippy I loved (and still do) the psychedelic appearance of the cartoons (remember I only started watching in the early 90's) and then of course grew to love the monsters as my kids grew to love them too. Probably not the usual way of becoming a fan I suppose. What does everyone else remember that made them enduring fans then??

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I paid distinct attention to the Muppets. It was SS that got my Mom to be a fan as well. She bought me the toys and learned the names of the people who performed them. It's great. I can call her now and say, "Who does Miss Piggy or Bert?" She'll say, "That Oz fellow!" LOL!!

It was the Muppets for me.

Oh, and MARIA!! mmmmmm!:flirt:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I think it's just that the characters are so dang LOVABLE, while still being believable!!!! And the subtle humor in it, too....And the music!!! At least that's onbe of the things for me!!! I LOVE music, and I always loved all the Sesame Street songs!!! I STILL walk around singing it!!

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Sesame Street provides an irresistible alternate universe. Who *wouldn't* want to live there?

Thijs

Reaction score
The Muppets at the first place. All the kids want to be friends with them.

CookieFan

Reaction score
The characters are exceptional. The music. The humor. The fact that I can watch with my toddler without my brain turning into mush.

And about 1000 other reasons!

wockawocka

Reaction score
It sounds like we all love Sesame Street for about the same reasons as other people who love it, but it's nice to know what you all think too! :smile:

dcfboss

Reaction score
i just love to see how the old characters interact with each other. they play off each other so well. it takes you back to a simpler time in sesame street history. lol.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I Love Sesame Street because..

*The Muppets-Oscar and Cookie Monster are my favorites,as well as Ernie,Bert,Grover,etc...
*The humor(especially the parodies of movies and tv shows)
*Animated segments

..and I love SS Merchandise!

:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy: