1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What is life?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by mo, Sep 18, 2012.

1. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I wish i lived in a really bright bubbly world when what you say or do doesn't matter. you don't get judged because you say the wrong thing or drop your phone too much and theres no such thing as mainstream, where you have to work hard to get to the top and theres huge glassbuildings that and really made from plastic. I don't want to try to get someone to like me or have a boyfriend to seem cool. I want a world where you arent so hyper that you don't get to sleep until 11 and so lazy that you don't get up until 8. I want a world that when you tell people you like something bizzare everyone else likes it too. I dont want someone to tell me I messed up my grammer and that if i want to be good at something I should just try! I do try! I try a heck lode more then you do! I wish I knew what life is.
    - mo
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Why do birds suddenly appear?
  3. mo

mo Well-Known Member

everytime you are near?
  4. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Well, in some sense I do agree with the points you made, but others not so much. For example, the whole journey of life would be pretty pointless if you didn't have to work hard to get to the top. And if everyone else liked the same bizarre things, they wouldn't be bizarre, would they? In my Muppet fandom, for example, I love the bizarreness of the whole concept, and would never trade that aspect in for anything in the world.
  5. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Quirky people like us always have a hard time of it. It's been the case throughout the ages. There's a reason mainstream is mainstream. Beating to the tune of your own drummer is great until you realize no one is playing along. There's not a whole lot you can do about it aside from deciding whether you want to be loyal to your heart or not. Every time Kermit tries to avoid the Theater and Gonzo tries to be normal and such, they end up right back where they belong.
    muppetfan24/7, newsmanfan and mo like this.
  6. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

You have to figure out what kind of person you want to be in the end. Like RedPiggy said, it can be hard to be quirky or to not fit into the rigid boxes that certain people like to fit themselves into. But in the end you'll know what's right for yourself and what makes you happy, and that's what important.

When life gets you down, try to find something that will make you smile. It won't make your problems go away, but it will make you have a better attitude when you try to tackle them. Good luck.
    muppetfan24/7 and mo like this.
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans." ~ Opus
    muppetfan24/7 and Hubert like this.
  8. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------
    A world where you go to bed and get up early is NOT my idea of a good time...but that's kind of the point. As others here have said, if weird was mainstream, what would be the point? CELEBRATE your strangeness! Let that freak flag fly! Be fearless! In the end, the mundanes are the ones with the empty lives. Why strive to join them? :news:
    -----------------
  9. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

SOMEBODY'S gotta be unafraid to lead the Freak Parade!
    Back to the question, 'What is life?' Life is what you make of it. For some people, life is living everyday like it's Shark Week. For others, life is family, or friends, or other things. Life is full of choices that you make. You have a lot of forks in the road, and it's up to you to take the one that you feel is right for you. Does that make any sense cause I'm just starting to ramble here.

Daniel
    iluvfragglerock likes this.
  10. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Daniel just gave me an awesome sig idea..."Leading the freak parade since {insert birth year}"
  11. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Life is beauty, life is pain. Life is learning to break away from the mundane and find a little crazyness. Life is being comfortable with who you are.
    muppetfan24/7 and Hubert like this.
  12. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

13. Alexandro8100

Alexandro8100 New Member

Many of daily choices are created for us as we go with the circulation or do what our mother and father and colleagues recommend. And the present of doing what goes you is always discolored by the what if it does not perform out. Community prices achievements by the cash we generate and not our present unless you are an performer.
  14. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Life is what you make of it. Unfortunately, to be good at something, you MUST try. Can't get around that part. Especially realizing your dreams. You can make your dreams come true, but trust me, you're gonna have to try like you can't believe.
    Unless you have a natural talent nobody else has (and we all have one gift or another, but you might have to try to find that, too!), you're gonna have to keep trying at things. And with anything in life, it's not going to be just handed to you. The more you want it, the more you have to go out and get it. And that takes some trying.

And even when you try, you might not succeed the first time. But then it's up to you, whether you try again, or quit. There's a big part of life right there, the decisions you make, whether or not you keep a positive attitude- again, here's where what you do DOES matter.

Sorry, trying not to be a downer, but I tried my best. Try me later.
    newsmanfan, DrDientes and Hubert like this.
  15. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Life's like a movie, write your own ending.
    RedPiggy likes this.
  16. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I thought Life was a happy song...with someone by your side to sing along.....all kidding aside life really is what you make it...try approaching everything with a smile on your face...a bounce in your step...and a companion by your side (And I guess if you have a tardis you would be the Doctor) but I spent too much time being acup half empty type person and yeah I think we would e alot happier if we all would break into musical numbers every now and then....but in the end all that matters is what you think and not others
  17. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Agree with Fuzzygobo. Life IS trying. ;)

------------
  18. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

I got a few more words that might help you out.

One thing in life that's important is being true to yourself. If bizarre is beautiful to you, then that's great. And if others think so too, that's great, too. But not everyone might agree. You might even find people that don't like (dare I say it?) Muppets! (Gasp! Say it ain't so!) But if bizarre is beautiful to you, that's what matters.
    And you're right, you don't need a boyfriend to be cool (although everybody needs a friend at some point). And the most important person you need to like you is the one looking back at you in the mirror.

Another part of life is growing. Every day, growing physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, to be a little further ahead today than you were yesterday. Learning something new. Making a new friend. Appreciate you have life and with the right attitude, the sky's the limit for you.

You want a bright and bubbly world? Well, maybe the whole planet can't be that way, (maybe it can, who knows?) but at least your little corner in the world can be. It's what's in your heart that can make the difference.

But, not to bring up the dreaded "t" word, but it all comes down to trying. You don't try, you don't grow. Trying can be hard sometimes. And sometimes things happen, but they might take time. Part of life is learning to be patient.

But you can't get away from trying.....

... no matter how hard you try! :)
    Peace from the other side of the pond- Brian
  19. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

The answer to life and the universe and everything else is 42.
    EDIT: Vincent beat me to it.:p