What is Lois?

Princeton

Reaction score
Lois is the Woodland Valley telephone operator. I know she's some kind of bird, but what exact species of bird do you think she is? My guess is either loon or blue-footed booby.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just realized there's already a thread about this exact topic. I'd still like to know the answer, though.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I thaught, just based on the word of Ed, (The Count), that she is a loon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... To be technical, she's both.

But how can that be? I'll explain.
When the cast of BITBBH was originally posted in a thread eons ago by Luke after I announced that I was interested in adding the characters to the master list... He said that Lois's species was that of a loon. But after additional information on the characters from the Jim Henson Animal Show (JHAS), it has come to my attention that the puppet used for Milton the Blue-Footed Booby from that show was then used as Lois the Loon.
Hope this helps... If you need more info, I suggest looking her up at http://muppet.wikia.com

Have a good night everybody.

Princeton

Reaction score
Was rereading some old threads of mine, and came across this one. I never saw Ed's suggestion to try Muppet Wiki, so I did and it has her listed as a booby, so... I dunno.:smirk:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Guess so, seeing as how she was made using the puppet used for Milton the Blue-Footed Booby from Jim Henson's Animal Show. Thought she was a loon, but I guess I was wrong about that one.