What is the funniest moment you've seen on Sesame Street?

tutter_fan

Reaction score
What is the most funniest moment you've ever seen on Sesame Street?

I saw a youtube video of Count Von Count counting up to 20 with the honkers, and near the end, the one on the left side of the screen wants the count to honk his "honker". He tries it, but ends up crunching it, and this is the funny part: **CRUNCH!!!** (Ow!) (Count von Count looks at the camera, and says "That's one "Ow!"") I had to laugh at this little skit.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Wow. That's the kind of question like naming which song by your most-loved band is your favorite...and where tons of even better answers creep into your head after typing your initial answer. But one of the moments that gets me giggling even thinking about it is the B&E (and Oscar) chocolate ice cream sketch where Ernie tries to pass a banana off as Bert's dessert responding to Bert's criticisms by "fixing" the banana such as mushing it with a fork and adding ice cubes to make it cold...and Bert's reaction when Ernie pours gravy over it just brings tears to my eyes typing about it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My mother has told me time and time again when I was a baby, I would practically laugh until I couldn't breathe at the classic Ernie and Bert "Heeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee FISHY-FISHY-FISHY!" *PLOP*

Drtooth

Reaction score
Telly constantly smacking Elmo in the mush with his "Happy caps."

Someone put that online or on iTunes or something! I need to see that one again.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Some of the funniest moments from Sesame Street come from the Don Music skits, especially when he rewrites "Mary Had a Little Lamb". While Kermit helps with getting new lyrics, Don at one point shouts, "BUT CANARIES AREN'T BLUE!!!" That line gets me and my brother laughing almost every time. Of course, whenever he bangs his head on the piano keys is always funny.

Ernie and Bert skits are funny, too. My favorite one is the rhyming game, when Bert shouts, "Hippopotamus!!" and Ernie thinks for a second and says "Rippatotapus" (or something like that. I don't know if that's how you spell it). and the mistake that Bert makes, when Bert says "I don't want to do it anymore", Ernie starts to say something after Bert, but Bert completes his sentence then Ernie says."What, what, hmm?" That's what funny about the Ernie and Bert skits, they're always so spontaneous!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Some of the funniest moments from Sesame Street come from the Don Music skits, especially when he rewrites "Mary Had a Little Lamb". While Kermit helps with getting new lyrics, Don at one point shouts, "BUT CANARIES AREN'T BLUE!!!" That line gets me and my brother laughing almost every time. Of course, whenever he bangs his head on the piano keys is always funny.

Ernie and Bert skits are funny, too. My favorite one is the rhyming game, when Bert shouts, "Hippopotamus!!" and Ernie thinks for a second and says "Rippatotapus" (or something like that. I don't know if that's how you spell it). and the mistake that Bert makes, when Bert says "I don't want to do it anymore", Ernie starts to say something after Bert, but Bert completes his sentence then Ernie says."What, what, hmm?" That's what funny about the Ernie and Bert skits, they're always so spontaneous!
Isn't this the one where at one point Ernie stops the game, but Bert decides to continue, and goes up to a lamp shade, and says "Hey there lamp, that's a nice shade!"?

tutter_fan

Reaction score
My mother has told me time and time again when I was a baby, I would practically laugh until I couldn't breathe at the classic Ernie and Bert "Heeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee FISHY-FISHY-FISHY!" *PLOP*
This is a good classic skit right there! :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Isn't this the one where at one point Ernie stops the game, but Bert decides to continue, and goes up to a lamp shade, and says "Hey there lamp, that's a nice shade!"?
That's the one...and that was always my fave part of the sketch...if you're ever in a class or a room with someone you know is a Muppet fan, if you just randomly throw out that line, i guarantee you'll have them in hysterics.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
That's the one...and that was always my fave part of the sketch...if you're ever in a class or a room with someone you know is a Muppet fan, if you just randomly throw out that line, i guarantee you'll have them in hysterics.
When I first heard "Hey there lamp, that's a nice shade!" I had to laugh, because I was like "What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I often thought about that. If Bert thought that the lamp was really going to respond... Well, I guess that makes sense since they have shown talking fruits and vegetables and all that jazz before so you never know.