What is the Koozebane

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke

LOL (ya know you get me laughing my socks off every night nowdays !) - the thing is Cory, believe it or not - very few toy companies nowdays like to make a product that has never been heard of by a large proportion of the public. It kinda drags sales down a little !

If they can get the Koozebane out there and selling though, all power to them - it is kinda special that it will actually get made being as obscure as it is.
It's amazing enough that they have the Muppet figures selling. There hasn't been big Muppet news for the general public in years.

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie

It's amazing enough that they have the Muppet figures selling. There hasn't been big Muppet news for the general public in years.
Well, the visibility of the Pepe LJS commercials, the Hollywood Squares appearances, the Denny's commercials, the Weezer video, the Time Life releases, and to it's limited extent, the Nascar promotion certainly couldn't have hurt.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
also I know this sounds stupid but these are sold at Walt Disney World and Disneyland where 50,000 people go Every day and see Muppet Vision 3D and right afterwards they go to a gift shop.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by towels

Well, the visibility of the Pepe LJS commercials, the Hollywood Squares appearances, the Denny's commercials, the Weezer video, the Time Life releases, and to it's limited extent, the Nascar promotion certainly couldn't have hurt.
Yeah but think of all the people who don't have a LJS, who don't like Weezer, who don't go to Timelife.com, and who don't watch Nascar! They are in the DARK!

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
In my opinion, if koosebane is half as hard to find as Muppet Labs, you'll actually have people on the hunt for this playset. And being that one can only assume that they'll produce less then they did Muppet Labs because of its obscurity, it might well turn into a collectors piece. I searched all over NYC (no luck)and Florida, and after 5 days, and about 20 phone calls of searching, I finally got my hands on a Muppet labs at an EB in Orlando.
-Artie

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
I think it's ironic that so many people are having trouble locating the Muppet Labs playset.

Diamond Comic distributors actually ordered way more playsets from Palisades than they did Wave 1 figures.

Diamond's cases are numbered, and the wave 1 case I got was numbered out of 417 cases Diamond ordered from Palisades, so, at two per case, comic shops only got 834 Dr. Bunsen Honeydew figures.

In contrast, my local comic retailer's case of Muppet Labs playsets was numbered out of 556 cases Diamond ordered from Palisades, so at six playsets per case, comic shops got 3336 Beaker/Muppet Labs playsets.

Diamond's order numbers can't be the norm for the other retailers, otherwise there would be a heckuva lot of playsets with no Bunsen's available to make an appearance in the lab.

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie

Yeah but think of all the people who don't have a LJS, who don't like Weezer, who don't go to Timelife.com, and who don't watch Nascar! They are in the DARK!
Actually TimeLife tends to run a lot of cable commercials for their releases. I kept waiting for the full half hour infomercial, but all I ever saw were the 60 second ones ("If you order in the next half hour you can get the first two tapes for only $9.95")

Isn't there something that measures public awareness for things like this? I'm thinking it's called Q Score or something like that...

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by towels

Actually TimeLife tends to run a lot of cable commercials for their releases. I kept waiting for the full half hour infomercial, but all I ever saw were the 60 second ones ("If you order in the next half hour you can get the first two tapes for only $9.95")

Isn't there something that measures public awareness for things like this? I'm thinking it's called Q Score or something like that...
You rarely saw those 60 second commercials! They went by so fast and no one ever goes for those infomercial things. LOL! The muppets need this christmas special coming out in December!

beaker

Reaction score
LUKE: >>>If they can get the Koozebane out there and selling though<<<

Well, all I care about is getting my hands on this...I just hope the line does well so I dont have to shell out thousands for the unreleased prototype!

But yeah...if its darn hard to find the beaker playset(which I will reserve my comments on...I just bought it for Beaker!)
just imagine when the Koozebane playset is released!

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Koozebane was necessary

As Philip said, Koozebane was a necessary evil. No, it's not likely to be the most popular playset ever BUT Kermit in the trenchcoat wasn't a Muppet Show only version. To get away from problems around other shows and other licenses, they had to do it with the Koozebane playset to make it ABSOLUTELY clear that this was Kermit from the Muppet Show. And Kermit in the trenchcoat is definitely going to be popular.

Michael
MWC