What is the opening song from the Star Wars episode?

hobbes

Reaction score
This song was performed with sheeps in a pasture ( lots of it ) it was in the STAR WARS ep and it was the opening number. It had the doo wap beat and I want to know the title of the original song which this muppet number dervied from. Please help!

It starts with the sheep singing ding dong then it goes into teh doo wap beat with a shepard girl singing vocal then a guy shepard sings " I've got a girl name ram a lamb a lamb ding dong.....

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Believe it or not, that's actually the name of the song. It's called Rama Lama Ding Dong. Or it could be Ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong. Or maybe Ramalamadingdong. I think it's the first one, though. I'm not sure who originally performed it.

:sing:

hobbes

Reaction score
You're correct Obi wan! Its the song I was looking for! I have a crazy idea to perform this number but on a smaller scale...dont have that much sheep :smile:

anathema

Reaction score
hobbes said:
You're correct Obi wan! Its the song I was looking for! I have a crazy idea to perform this number but on a smaller scale...dont have that much sheep :smile:
"Rama Lama Ding Dong". A recording of the song made the UK Top 20 in 1978, but I imagine the song is a little older than that!

anathema

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
The Muppet rendition or the real version?
It was performed by an act calling themselves "Rocky Sharpe and the Replays". Draw your own conclusions...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, it's no wonder the Muppet wanted it...

hobbes

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys I found what I was looking for. ( I was looking for the original version since I already have the muppet version )