What is the state of the muppet performers?

beaker

Reaction score
It's funny, I knew the rough estimate ages of all the Muppet performers, but seeing em person...wow, I really got the sense that the Muppets have kept em young all these years. And Jerry Nelson was the most young acting of the lot! Very cool.
I think if we could we'd all want to send Jerry a big ol electronic greeting card wishing him well. I hope to see him back in the near future in a performing capacity.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Jerry is OK and still performing. There's a discussion over in the "Henson Performers" area where I talk about it in a little more detail, but Jerry is still very much an active performer and performs in person whenever he can, including on the new season of Sesame Street.

Voice-overs as opposed to live performances aren't desirable, but it's been common practice for longer than you might think. It doesn't mean that anyone's retiring or giving less than 100%.

secret squirrel

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

So, that's good. So we will still have Jerry in later productions? That's good. He's one of the few original Muppateers we have left. Well, along with Dave Goelz and Steve Whitemire.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel
Jerry is OK and still performing. There's a discussion over in the "Henson Performers" area where I talk about it in a little more detail, but Jerry is still very much an active performer and performs in person whenever he can, including on the new season of Sesame Street.

Voice-overs as opposed to live performances aren't desirable, but it's been common practice for longer than you might think. It doesn't mean that anyone's retiring or giving less than 100%.

secret squirrel
sweet, hope jerry comes back to do some more of floyd...

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i love floyd...he and lew are my two favorite characters jerry performs.....need more floyd and the electric mayhem!!!!

ryan

WiGgY

Reaction score
Now that all of the Electric Mayhem has a voice I would love to hear them sing a song or two. It would really be aweful if Floyd had to be MIA. Jerry did all his other characters in AVMMC but no Floyd. Was Floyd cut out due to time?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Re Jerry being sick:

Jamie first heard something about that as a rumor, but it was never confirmed. I've mentioned it on more than one occasion as a theory for why his characters sounded strange in VMMCM -- but it is just that: a theory. It's known for certain that Jerry couldn't make it to Vancouver for the shoot, but whether he dubbed the voices or not is not certain. It's also been suggested that perhaps the recording equipment was just bad, but that would seem really odd since (as Secret Squirrel noted) dubbing is a fairly common practice, and we've never noticed any voice distortion before.

It would have helped if we could have heard Floyd (Jerry's most famous character) for comparison, but Floyd's only dialogue would have been in the Snoop Dogg scene, which was cut.

I don't think anyone's doubting that anyone's giving 100%. If Jerry was ill, or if the equipment was off, that's certainly not Jerry's fault. At any rate, I'm glad to hear he's still an active performer. We want him around as much as possible! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
If Jerry is ill, and if this message can be convaed to him,

I hope you get better really soon.

And that's not for a selfish reason just that I'd hate for you to be suffering.

That's all I can say

PS: The count is my favorite caracter.