1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What is your all time favorite Muppet movie?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by WalterFan1234, Apr 30, 2014.

1. WalterFan1234

WalterFan1234 Active Member

There have been so many great muppet movies. They have captivated the lives of many. My favorite has to be muppets take manhattan or the muppets. What is yours?

2. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Hmm, it's strange that I've never seen a thread for this, because it's a question muppet fans ask each other a lot, so thanks for making the thread. My all time favorite is The Great Muppet Caper (1981), because of all the awesome songs, fourth wall jokes, all the action and it's satire, one of the best climaxes in the universe, and so much more, it really has it all.
    Comedy
    Action
    Suspense
    Romance
    ECT. ECT.

It truly is perfect, my only complain is the 4-minute Piggy's Fantasy scene, that's it!

WalterFan1234 likes this.
  3. WalterFan1234

Great movie for sure! I love it. Great cameos too. Charles grodin did a great job. Bike scene is fascinating. Took so much work for the performers

4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

My favorite has to either be The Muppet Movie or Muppets Most Wanted.

5. Shortflint

Shortflint New Member

I haven't seen Muppets Most Wanted yet and it's been awhile since I've seen some of the others in completion. But, my favorite for the time being is The Great Muppet Caper. I had so much fun watching it. :) I loved all the characters, especially the villain. The Piggy Fantasy truthfully may have been a little too long but, I was just so fascinated by the mechanics of it all, just like the bicycling scene.

The Muppet Movie would be second since it has the greatest soundtrack in my opinion. And The Muppets would probably be third because it reignited my interest in the Muppets.

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  6. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

For me, it's a two-way tie between "The Great Muppet Caper" and "Muppets Most Wanted"!!

7. Happy Haunt

Happy Haunt New Member

Out of the original three - The Muppet Movie. Out of the newer movies, Muppets Most Wanted at the moment... but I have only watched it once. I also like Muppets Christmas Carol a lot, but it was the first Muppet film I owned on VHS anyhow.

8. WalterFan1234

Good picks

9. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Muppets Most Wanted
    The Great Muppet Caper
    The Muppet Christmas Carol
    The Muppet Movie

That is about as picky and choosey as I can get with the Muppet movies so far.

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  10. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

Definitely Muppet Treasure Island.

11. Cookie Chris

Cookie Chris Member

My favorite Muppet movie is The Muppet Movie. It has a simple, yet heartwarming storyline that strangely mirrors Jim Henson's own life from escaping the advertising business and attempting to break into show business. There are memorable songs, great use of cameos, and a zany use of classic Muppet humor.

WalterLinz and heralde like this.
  12. lady piggy

lady piggy Well-Known Member

All time favorite would have to be without a doubt , The Great Muppet Caper. The songs ,the jokes ,the fashion and not to mention Piggy aahhaha adore it forever.

pjtoadie likes this.
  13. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

All the Muppet movies are great but if I had to pick, Id pick The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper both are just brilliant. There in my top 3 with Muppets Most Wanted

14. DrDientes

DrDientes Active Member

Muppets Take Manhattan is definitely my favorite Muppet movie, with The Muppet Movie being a close second, and Muppets Most Wanted ending the top 3.

15. BeakerJanice

BeakerJanice Active Member

Mine are..the muppets,muppet movie,great muppet caper,muppets most wanted and (believe it or not!)muppets from Space

16. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Hmm, I think I'm settling on the 1979 Muppet Movie, because it (well, approximately;)) tells the timeless story of how the muppet gang met and got together to put on a movie.:) What I also love about this movie is the amount of breaking-the-fourth-wall humor, catchy songs, and good, old-fashioned muppetiness!:fanatic:

I think my other favorite has got to be The Muppets (2011), because it has such a nostalgic feel to it and was very muppety as well. I am also touched that this film has brought a whole new generation of muppet fans, young and old. And it's all thanks to Jason Segel and the world's biggest muppet fan.:fanatic:

BeakerJanice likes this.
  17. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

The muppets take Manhattan, love the vibe that movie has. Followed by GMC then TM.

18. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

The original definitely - The Muppet Movie. I really liked the songs, the antagonists, the plot, the characters... everything, really.

19. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Muppets From Space

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  20. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

My favorite Muppet movies would have to be either Muppets Most Wanted or The Muppet Movie (1979). TMM had a wonderful cast, the humor was sharp and witty, every cameo worked really well, all of the characters fit into it very well and had backstories that were very fitting. And the songs were also great. I can't tell you which song from the movie is my favorite, because I love all of them so much. Paul Williams did a perfect job of writing the songs and capturing the essence of the tone of the film, the characters and the emotions of each scene.
    But, as great as the MM songs are, The Muppets Most Wanted songs are complete perfection. You can't get any better than "Something So Right", you can't get any catchier or more Muppety than "We're Doing a Sequel". Music aside, MMW was a really funny movie. I loved all the human cast members in it so much and Constantine is literally the best character to ever appear in a movie. Plus, the writers really made that overused evil doppelganger story work.

1000 Eyes likes this.