What is your vhs holy grail list?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Hah, you wont find those anywhere my friend, trust me on that. I have spent endless days searching for the Cube (yes, literally days), and I have come to the conclusion that no one in the country outside of the Museums of Radio and Television and JHC (who donated the special to the museums) has this special. Though I didn't search as hard for Youth '68, I am fairly sure the results would be the same (though I believe PBS owns the rights to that, being it was an episode in a series thats name is totally escaping me). As for Hey Cinderella, I had no idea there was an alternate version from the one we all have...can you describe the differences?

-Matt

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Actually, PBS wasn't involved in Youth '68. Both that and The Cube were "Experiments in Television", experimental television productions which originally aired on NBC.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
THE CUBE

Oooooh! I just remembered something! One time in the Science Fiction Book Club, they had The Cube listed in their videos section! This was a while ago, unfortunately, right before I found out The Cube was a JHC production!!!!!!!!! ARGH!

You might want to check out their website. I don't know it off hand, just search for the Science Ficion Book Club. If you find it, tell me!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
As for Hey Cinderella, I had no idea there was an alternate version from the one we all have...can you describe the differences?
Well all I remember is that in the book The Works, in the chronology it says:

1965 - Hey Cinderella! pilot taped
1968 - Hey Cinderella! filmed in Toronto

Confusing, no?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
The Works mentions the pilot...it is not the same as the special, that's for sure...but The Works explains what the pilot was FOR also...

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Hah, you wont find those anywhere my friend, trust me on that. I have spent endless days searching for the Cube (yes, literally days), and I have come to the conclusion that no one in the country outside of the Museums of Radio and Television and JHC (who donated the special to the museums) has this special. Though I didn't search as hard for Youth '68, I am fairly sure the results would be the same (though I believe PBS owns the rights to that, being it was an episode in a series thats name is totally escaping me). As for Hey Cinderella, I had no idea there was an alternate version from the one we all have...can you describe the differences?

-Matt
I dont hear much props given to JH about this, but who else was doing truly edgy and experimental avant garde cinema and tv some 40 years ago? Like the Cube, Time Piece, etc. This of course is way before David Lynch and those MTV videos came along.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'd also love a copy of Muppetvision 3-D! It's not likely I'm going to be able to afford to go to Disney World anytime soon, but when I do in the far off future, I'm gonna see that three-hundred times! If not more.