What I've Done To Revive The Classics

Ethan Lopez

Reaction score
Recently, I've been in close contact with Sesame Workshop. I brought my case to them, and they say they're taking my comments into deep consideration; go figure. I've also contacted WGBH in my area; their GBH Kids digital channel is on Comcast in New England. They also have taking in on my thoughts. But is there any hope that the Upaved series, that I never got to see, will show up anywhere? Do we see Noggin taking it up again? How about this Sprout channel or my local GBH Kids channel? I am a third-generation Sesame Streeter that has never witnessed the golden years of the show; I was lucky to view it before they went to the dark (or should I say red) side with Elmo's World. God, I miss the 90s opening. I would like to see what the good old days were like. Hey, their 40th anniversary is coming up in 4 years, and a boxed DVD set of a Sesame Street Anthology (or a Best of Throughout the Years set) would be a great graduation present. But eitherways, is there any way I, a true youngster, can see Classic Sesame Street?

Rosewood

Reaction score
"Way to go, Ethan!"

I know I've been told by many others that going to the actual producers is futile, and I know they always send the same response to everyone they respond to, but, the way I see it, if a whole bunch of us actualy wrote them and told them what we want, at least they could no longer (honestly) say the reason they have so much Elmo is because every one loves him so much!
(if nothing else, mabey we could overload their computer system or something!) :big_grin:

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
After reading this, I now have just a smiggin of hope that Sesame Street Unpaved will be put back on the air. Not sure what channell, but hopefully they will find a new home for it somewhere.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
What we need to do is email Sesame Workshop to make a dvd set called: "Sesame Street: Best of Seasons 1 & 2" with 45 episodes each season.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Exactly. Then if that's successful. They'll make another one for "Seasons 3 & 4" and so on.

chpoof

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
After reading this, I now have just a smiggin of hope that Sesame Street Unpaved will be put back on the air. Not sure what channell, but hopefully they will find a new home for it somewhere.
OK, I'm going to ask a question here that's been on my mind for a while: What exactly is/was Sesame Street Unpaved? What's the difference between SS Unpaved and just regular ole SS? (If there's a thread explaining this more fully, please point me in that direction.)

Many thanks,
Mickey

Rosewood

Reaction score
SS vs. SSU

chpoof said:
OK, I'm going to ask a question here that's been on my mind for a while: What exactly is/was Sesame Street Unpaved? What's the difference between SS Unpaved and just regular ole SS? (If there's a thread explaining this more fully, please point me in that direction.)

Many thanks,
Mickey
From what I understand, SSU was simply early SS episodes, chosen at random, and then given a new #, from 1-what ever they ended with, and shown on noggin as the "Series" of SSU. I guess you could call it a "Series within a Series". (I don't know if it was a requirement to re-number them in order to show them. I DO know it confused alot of people who were trying to identify their recorded episodes by original #, though.) :smirk:

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
hey ethan!
i am a 3rd-generation SSer as well (born in 1989), but never gained appreciation for it until earlier this year....however, I'm quite interested in seeing what was shown before I was born. Best of luck in your efforts, and i'm sure that if Sesame Workshop makes this happen, you will have played a huge role in it :smile:

~Dana~