What kind of puppet is Link anyway?

WiGgY

Reaction score
In the PIS skits, Link is a real handed puppet, but in MTI and MFS he is a rod arm puppet. Which is he? Does anyone know what kind of puppet the BOP link is, or why they changed him?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Throughout the Muppet Show, Link's body was switched back and forth. The only time he had the live hands was during Pigs In Space, every other time he had rod arms.

Scoot

WiGgY

Reaction score
That's weird. Link has such a huge head and it seems he would be best as a live hand puppet. Are there any other muppets that were only real hands in one particular sketch and rod arm in all the others, or vice versa?

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
For most of his sketches Link was Live hand.

I belive that Mildred switched back and forth

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Sometimes he has rods when he doesn't hold anything but mainly the hand one is used they might have 2 prototypes for ii.
from,
BARRY LEE

Sidebottom

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
Are there any other muppets that were only real hands in one particular sketch and rod arm in all the others, or vice versa?
This isn't classic Muppets, but...

On _Fraggle Rock_, Convincing John switched back and forth. In "The Preachification of Convincing John" and "The Secret of Convincing John", he was a hand-and-rod puppet, but I believe he was a live-hands puppet in "The Secret Society of Poohbahs".

-Sidebottom

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Link, Dr Teeth, Lew Zealand and other Live Hand Puppets were always changing.

They would make the hands on the rods about the same size as the live hands, So its hard to notice sometimes.

Sometimes Dr. Teeth was a Rod Puppet playing the piano, Which defeats the object of being a Live Hand Puppet really.

see ya

WiGgY

Reaction score
Wow I had no idea they changed so much. I know that when ever we see muppets standing full body or sitting they make the arms different.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I think the only time Dr. Teeth was a rod puppet was in The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence pilot. As for Lew Zeland, I don't think he was ever a rod puppet. But, Link switched back and forth constantly. In the Bear on Patrol sketches, as well as the Pigs in Space sketches, he was live hand. But anytime you saw him in one of the dressing rooms or in a non-PIS/BOP sketch, he was rod puppet.