What made you roll your eyes today thread?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
When people write fanfics that depict otherwise innocent/family-friendly characters having sex with another character from that universe.

Case in point: I was looking up Doctor Who fanfics today when one of the categories was "Time Lord Sexuality" where basically they write about all the sexual relationships that the Doctor had. If you don't watch Doctor Who, then basically the Doctor is this asexual alien (yeah, yeah, he loves Rose, blah blah blah. I think that he loves Rose like you would love your siblings or friends or what have you.) that travels throughout time. Ugh, there was even one with the 6th Doctor ******* Peri! :grouchy::grouchy::grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One of the reasons why I gave up on fanfics in general altogether.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
its kinda your own fault if you read said fanfics knowing they have sex in them. on most fanfic websites including deviantart you can get in trouble for not properly tagging smut

that said the amount of smut fics is a bit ridiculous and one of the reasons i dont read them. it's so hard to find non smut fics

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't speak for Froggy Fool, but for me, it's less about that, and more about how many fandoms have been taken over by trolls who regularly put out junk like that to the point that finding decent, well-written, and worthwhile fanfics are like finding needles in haystacks in fandoms. That's what's really drove me away from fanfiction in general.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, fanfics like that turn me off.

Especially when it's characters that have had little to no interaction with each other or show no feelings to each other canoncally.

To me, they're either made by trolls or a bunch of stupid 10 year old kids.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Then you got Author Avatar fanfics where the authors basically turn themselves into an OC (or, more accurately, FC, as a friend of mine says) so they can hook themselve up and get it on with their favorite character.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Hey, let 'em go crazy if they want to. It's not canon, so it's not like it happened in the actual franchise. Yeah, I'll admit, some smut fanfics bother me, too (especially those disgusting Camp Camp fics that pair up Max and David... YECHH!!), but there's gonna be Rule #34 of EVERYTHING, and there's not much we can do about it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Eh, I don't really mind those as long as you can still make the canon characters in-character.