What makes you cry?

Phantom

Reaction score
The wonderful potential I have been given and squandered in the same moment and the selfish betrayal I've heaped on those who love me most.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
When I was about fifteen, my grandfather died. I cried and cried and cried. But what was most difficult for me was that I needed someone to be strong for me, someone who could tell me it was going to be okay and not cry while they told me. There was no one that day that could do that for me, everyone was upset and crying, I had no one strong to look to for hope.

Since that day, I realized my family needed a strong person, someone who wasn't going to cry when things got tough, so I decided I had to be that person, for the family and my friends. So I don't really cry anymore, I've learned how to be strong in difficult situations. It's not repression, just strength, and my friends and family are better because of it; they can always count on me to be the strong one. When my wife went in for surgery though, I couldn't hold it anymore, and as soon as she was under the anastesia and I managed to get away from everyone by going into the elevator alone; I cried like a baby. It took me a good twenty minutes to compose myself and go out to my family looking bold and confident, none of them knowing what just happened with me.

So now, I cry at movies, I just let it all loose. I always cry at the end of "The Fox and the Hound", "Ray", "A.I." and "Life is Beautiful."

superfan

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
When I was about fifteen, my grandfather died. I cried and cried and cried. But what was most difficult for me was that I needed someone to be strong for me, someone who could tell me it was going to be okay and not cry while they told me. There was no one that day that could do that for me, everyone was upset and crying, I had no one strong to look to for hope.

Since that day, I realized my family needed a strong person, someone who wasn't going to cry when things got tough, so I decided I had to be that person, for the family and my friends. So I don't really cry anymore, I've learned how to be strong in difficult situations. It's not repression, just strength, and my friends and family are better because of it; they can always count on me to be the strong one. When my wife went in for surgery though, I couldn't hold it anymore, and as soon as she was under the anastesia and I managed to get away from everyone by going into the elevator alone; I cried like a baby. It took me a good twenty minutes to compose myself and go out to my family looking bold and confident, none of them knowing what just happened with me.

So now, I cry at movies, I just let it all loose. I always cry at the end of "The Fox and the Hound", "Ray", "A.I." and "Life is Beautiful."
That's a sweet story, Vic. And if you want a good cry at a movie, rent I Am Sam.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
things that make me cry...

• heartfelt songs: Seasons of Love for example from 'Rent'
  • tear-jerker movies: 'Terms of Endearment','Mask','World According to Garp'
  • family members or somebody close,or a celebrity I grew up with passing away
  • a strong gospel song
  • the instrumental part in 'The Muppet Movie',during 'Magic Store:Finale'(when the ceiling breaks,Animal looks at it and the rainbow appears)
  • seeing people hurt or hurting

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
The news, especially lately. My wife doesn't let me watch or read too much anymore 'cause I get really depressed for a long time, days and even weeks.

Yuck.

Phantom

Reaction score
Amen. I'm tired of all of it. Politics, natural disasters, terrorism, almond joy vs. mounds...all of it. I've stopped watching TV (except the Simpsons, but that's another thread).